Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condensing the shop to one bay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Condensing the shop to one bay

    I won't be able to find anything for a month
    Attached Files
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

    Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

    Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

    Visit My Gallery

    Oily's Gallery

    http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

  • #2
    Hey Oily...what happened to the sawdust - lol! Why the change? I hear ya about not being able to find anything...my SO tells me all the time I need to clean up...then I wouldn't be able to find anything - lol! It's looking good. BTW, saw the Delta planer (I think) would you recommend it or another one...is is on my x-mas wish list.
    ~ Kim

    A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

    www.gonecoastalart.com

    Comment


    • #3
      WTH....How can you possibly work in a shop that organized. You'll trip due to lack of sawdust...Looks great bro!
      "Still Montana Mike"

      "Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh oh winter must be coming and someone needs to park inside................
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
          Hey Oily...what happened to the sawdust - lol! Why the change? I hear ya about not being able to find anything...my SO tells me all the time I need to clean up...then I wouldn't be able to find anything - lol! It's looking good. BTW, saw the Delta planer (I think) would you recommend it or another one...is is on my x-mas wish list.
          Kim, It's the cheapest one I could find ($260) that wasn't total Chinese junk.
          It's not a monster but for a 2 blade I'm very satisfied. Rob
          May the wind at you back .....
          Not be from Lunch.

          Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

          Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

          Visit My Gallery

          Oily's Gallery

          http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanx Rob for the info...I know I need to still do some homework on it...and who better to ask than someone that has one and uses it for the same purposes I wood!

            BTW...sorry about losing a bay...I have to say I was spoiled as the SO lost his carport so we could build me a shop...I definetly got the better end of the deal!!! But he makes sure to remind me when the weather gets crappy too - lol!
            ~ Kim

            A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

            www.gonecoastalart.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the same one and it was the best for the money. I've had mine for almost 8 years and could not be without one.
              "Still Montana Mike"

              "Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

              Comment


              • #8
                Oily, Sorry to hear your losing half your space. But maybe you'll sell all the stuf you been making and get it back (LOL) Lance

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oily,

                  I'd be happy to come and relieve you of some of the excess equipment - lololol

                  George

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
                    Thanx Rob for the info...I know I need to still do some homework on it...and who better to ask than someone that has one and uses it for the same purposes I wood!

                    BTW...sorry about losing a bay...I have to say I was spoiled as the SO lost his carport so we could build me a shop...I definetly got the better end of the deal!!! But he makes sure to remind me when the weather gets crappy too - lol!
                    Tell him not to whine, I'll bet your crappy weather doesn't look like this, LOL
                    That lump in the driveway is my car ans the fence in the other pic is 4' tall
                    Attached Files
                    May the wind at you back .....
                    Not be from Lunch.

                    Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

                    Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

                    Visit My Gallery

                    Oily's Gallery

                    http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, turn the heat up, Oily ! It looks like a long winter. Hope you have good heat for the shop. I only have to worry about heat in the summer time. What is the most difficult to do, keep it warm in the winter , or cool in the summer? I'm talking about 100 F. in the summer. Now all you have to do is get used to where everything is. Good Luck
                      PERK

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ubgoofy2003 View Post
                        Well, turn the heat up, Oily ! It looks like a long winter. Hope you have good heat for the shop. I only have to worry about heat in the summer time. What is the most difficult to do, keep it warm in the winter , or cool in the summer? I'm talking about 100 F. in the summer. Now all you have to do is get used to where everything is. Good Luck
                        I hit 103 a few times in the shop this summer. What gets me is the 90%+ humidity that comes with it. I spent too many years in Wyoming, nice and dry.
                        I wish I was home right now.
                        May the wind at you back .....
                        Not be from Lunch.

                        Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

                        Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

                        Visit My Gallery

                        Oily's Gallery

                        http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oily View Post
                          Tell him not to whine, I'll bet your crappy weather doesn't look like this, LOL
                          That lump in the driveway is my car ans the fence in the other pic is 4' tall
                          OMG!!! I will definitely tell him to quit whining!!!!! He was complaining cuz it was only 60 today...waaaa, waaaa, waaa! He wouldn't even know what to do with that much snow! Hope you were able to find the car and didn't try to straddle the fence - lol!
                          ~ Kim

                          A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

                          www.gonecoastalart.com

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          • Rolf
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Rolf
                            So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                            I like the fact...
                            Today, 08:34 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by will8989
                            Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                            Today, 08:17 AM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                            Today, 08:17 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by Rolf
                            Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                            Today, 08:10 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            Reply to Supermax
                            by NC Scroller
                            Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
                            Today, 08:00 AM
                          Working...
                          X