Looking great so far...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Looks great, keep the pictures coming.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I hope that the light fixture is not your only source of light.
        What will you be using for light?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          I hope that the light fixture is not your only source of light.
          What will you be using for light?
          There will actually be 3 of those light fixtures.
          The carpenter said I could get some bulbs that are 300watts.

I hope it will be enough. I should have had one of those other kind of fixtures put up there like the electrician put in my kitchen!
          I didn't think of that!

Comment

Catlyn nice shop, thanks for the wip.......my suggestion, more lighting, like clamps, you never have enough.
            You may want to take a look at this free shop planner as far as placing your tools. Grizzly.com -- Workshop Planner
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Catlyn View Post
              There will actually be 3 of those light fixtures.
              The carpenter said I could get some bulbs that are 300watts.

I hope it will be enough. I should have had one of those other kind of fixtures put up there like the electrician put in my kitchen!
              I didn't think of that!
              A couple thoughts regarding the lights; Once you have them wired, you can always change them and I suspect you will want to. Just make sure you have enough wired in. Even if you don't install fixtures in them yet, they can be capped off and covered until such time that you decide to.

The problem with the types of lights in the picture are that without some kind of cage, you will be prone to breaking those bulbs every time you swing around a board or move something large. Also, 300W incandescent bulbs will throw a good bit of light, but that light may tend to cast shadows and not be as illuminating as other types of lights. Also, I believe that between 2012 and 2014, incandescent bulbs will gradually be phased out, replaced by CFL's or LED's. You may want to reconsider the fixtures you will use as well as the quantity required, just to make sure you are adequately wired to accomodate something different than you currently have.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Catlyn, I have a suggestion, if it isn't too late. If you haven't started moving your tools inside the shop, I would suggest you put an oil or wax on your saw table, so it won't rust from moisture. Maybe that isn't a problem, I hope, so just a thought. Enjoy your new shop.
                PERK

Comment

suggestions:

You cannot have TOO many electric outlets ,or enough circuits ,plan now,
                  I would suggest ceiling outlets as well for drops ,wall outlets get blocked
                  extention cords are dangerous and can starve tool of required power,wire
                  size is very important ,don't skimp on this ,changes in arrangment ,and
                  added tool s will be apiece of cake.You can drop a 6' powerstrip fused
                  and switch any where you want .clean neat and out of the way .and can be removed when not needed ,and moved to new location instantly.I will effect everything you want to do one way or another ,The best money you will ever spend in your shop!
                  Great start ,second thought donot make the floor too slick fine sawdust can
                  turn it into a dance floor. A rubber welcome mat ,$ 3.98 dollar gereral will tame
                  your band saw as well as any other semi stationary objects .
                  My Very Best!
                  Carl
                  "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                  Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

I strongly second Carl's motion on adding more circuits, outlets and ceiling outlets. Along any given wall I would recommend alternating outlets on different circuits. Meaning outlet #1 is on circuit #1. Outlet #2 is on circuit #2. Outlet #3 is either on circuit #1 or circuit #3. In other words you do not want all you outlets on a given area on the same circuit. They should all be 20 AMP.

I would also go one step further and add at least a couple 220V outlets.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

If you plan on useing gfi outlets you mite want to make sure you do not have any dc motors I burned up a saw on one then I was reading the owners manual on.my RBI saw and it said do not use a gfi on a dc motor. You have a great idea to cover the floor I will do the same win I can

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                        Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
                        by Jim McDonald
                        For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
                        Today, 11:14 AM
                      • Ennobee
                        Celtic knot-shamrock cross
                        by Ennobee
                        My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Yesterday, 02:11 PM
                      • Ennobee
                        by Ennobee
                        Hi Jim.
                        glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
                        Yesterday, 01:30 PM
                      • hotshot
                        by hotshot
                        Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
                        08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
                      • Daddy's scroller
                        by Daddy's scroller
                        Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
                        08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
                      Working...
                      X