• Show
Clear All

• tdub4ever
    replied
    I sure can't tell it's your first box, excellent work! Don

Leave a comment:

• Trackman
    replied
    Thanks for all of your input. I did stack cut the sides two at a time. I was very happy how the corners turned out for my first time making miters.

Leave a comment:

• Fran1942
    replied
    Very nice work on your box.
    Fran

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Very nice job! I see many beautiful boxes in your future.

Leave a comment:

• lkbraa
    replied
    Wow, what a beautiful box!!! You wouldn't think this was your first...and I hear ya about what you learn when you are doing it...sometimes the mags make it look way easy...NOT! Did you stack cut the sides, or cut them individually? Ya gotta luv Walnut, it is a dream to work with...one of my favs.

Leave a comment:

• Trackman
    started a topic First Box

First Box

This tulip box pattern is by Janice Manuel out of the Aug 2011 other mag. You can put potpourri in it.

The pattern called for butt in joints but I like miter joints better. Also it called for 1/4" and I made it out of 3/8" walnut.

This is my first try at a box, you sure learn alot by doing
    First picture isn't very clear, didn't notice until I uploaded it, lol
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to New part for Supermax
    by will8989
    After a day of sanding cardholder strips for SIX hours which should have taken 2, Bruce is trying to square the table again. It didn’t hold square and he could only put one strip in at a time instead of 3 across. Any suggestions? This should not be this hard. I would expect this from a cheap sander...
    Today, 09:48 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Hegner spares
    by will8989
    At least yours showed up. Mine are still MIA. We’re moving my area around to do some work, so I’m sure they will show up. I feel the same way about parts. In 19 years I have spent approximately $600 in replacing worn out parts. Couldn’t be happier with my Hegner.
    Today, 09:44 AM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to A Bear In The Woods
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Gorgeous in so many ways!
    Yesterday, 06:24 PM
  • Misouri Wayne
    Reply to Hegner spares
    by Misouri Wayne
    I lost a blade clamp and had to order more. It showed up on the floor about 6 months later, like magic.
    Spare parts for anything can be expensive. Often low volume but it is sure nice to be able to buy parts for a 20 year old machine and not have to scrap it out or jury rig some repair.
    Yesterday, 03:51 PM
  • Misouri Wayne
    Reply to A Bear In The Woods
    by Misouri Wayne
    I'm impressed!
    Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Working...
X