Natural Wooden Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Wooden Toys

I bought the new book, Natural Wooden Toys, and started to cut the sea creatures. I designed a shelf to put them on. Now I know kids like colorful things so I will probably paint these but...I really like them unfinished. Opinions anyone?

Tammy
    Attached Files
    Tammy

I like the shelf and the figures are good as well. Painting them is totally up to you.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice collection. Remember you can NOT paint them if you plan to sell them. Thank Walmart for that.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Well,
        Scott's statement is not entirely true. The proposed law change has been placed on a back burner until next year due to public outcry. If you are painting your items use American made paints such as a craft acrylic as they do not contain any lead.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

If it's the wood grain you want to keep, you could stain them
          Sue

Comment

You could also use Rit Dye, thus keeping the wood grain and getting some color too.

Comment

I make and sell wooden toys. I put no stain or finish on them. Adults like that and they are the ones making the purchase.
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by will8989
                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by will8989
                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Sundays market
                by will8989
                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
              Working...
              X