been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been a while

it's been a while since i have posted anything. so I figured I would show you the prototype of what I am working on.

in the pictures are the first ones that I made. they hold a candle glass for a votive.

however my new design you can accually switch out the front. so you can have some thing for different seasons.
    Attached Files

Nice work! I really like the leaf. I am not sure I like looking at the end grain of the side pieces it detracts from the beautiful details of the uprights. If I may suggest cutting a slot in the base that will fit the upright piece with a router. That will eliminate the side rails.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Ty yes I had that thought also ROLF. However I don't have a router. I would also do it with a table saw but I don't have one of those either

Comment

Great designs and cut very well! IMHO, I agree with Rolf, about the end grain. Is it possible to use a thicker stock for the bottom and then cut a slot in it with your scrollsaw and use a 'tab' on the front panel so that it sits in the slot...hope that makes sense.
        ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rodney Brown
          Reply to Flamingo
          by Rodney Brown
          Great project, Alex. Very clean cuts. Love the finish product.
          Today, 09:10 PM
        • Rodney Brown
          Reply to Wedding Sign
          by Rodney Brown
          Excellent work, Jim. A project that can be cherished a lifetime!
          Today, 09:08 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          Production mode
          by Jim McDonald
          Finally got my energy level up enough to drag the saw out and get started on thank you state magnets for for all of my critical care nurses and doctors. They truly became like family in those days.
          This is 24 of the first 34 I am doing. These are all cut from some 3/8" wood I had intended...
          Today, 06:48 PM
        • handibunny
          Reply to Wedding Sign
          by handibunny
          Beautiful piece of work, and beautiful girl. May you and your family have many happy years ahead!
          Today, 05:59 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          Wedding Sign
          by Jim McDonald
          I said in late winter I was going to make a sign for my son's wedding. Becky thought I was crazy for working on it so early, but considering my current health issues, I am glad I finished early.
          Knew nothing about making a sign, but knew I could cut, so I jumped in--blind to some of the challenges...
          Today, 02:45 PM
        Working...
        X