been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been a while

it's been a while since i have posted anything. so I figured I would show you the prototype of what I am working on.

in the pictures are the first ones that I made. they hold a candle glass for a votive.

however my new design you can accually switch out the front. so you can have some thing for different seasons.
    Attached Files

Nice work! I really like the leaf. I am not sure I like looking at the end grain of the side pieces it detracts from the beautiful details of the uprights. If I may suggest cutting a slot in the base that will fit the upright piece with a router. That will eliminate the side rails.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Ty yes I had that thought also ROLF. However I don't have a router. I would also do it with a table saw but I don't have one of those either

Comment

Great designs and cut very well! IMHO, I agree with Rolf, about the end grain. Is it possible to use a thicker stock for the bottom and then cut a slot in it with your scrollsaw and use a 'tab' on the front panel so that it sits in the slot...hope that makes sense.
        ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X