Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola plaque

Hello all,
    A co-worker of mine ask me to make a Coca Cola plaque for a relative who is retiring after 30 years of working there. I got the logo from the internet and made my own pattern. Because of the copywrite laws I cannot post the pattern but here is the finished work. It is made from 1/4" birch plywood and has a 1/8" backer and is 14 1/2" wide. I primed and painted it the color of the logo. To make the words fit more snugly, I used a puzzle blade. Thanks for looking.
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Very well done!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Well done. With copyright laws, how are you able to make it and give it away? Just wondering! Don
      Don

Comment

Don,
        Since it is a gift the company would be hard pressed to show damages. The most they could hope for is a letter of cease and desist & Mark is already complying with that, it is a one time gift. I would not be too concerned so long as he does not try to mass produce or sell/share the pattern.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

nicely done- as long as you tweek logo just a bit -since just a gift you should be ok- ever ask permission from a coke exec, my give you permision to do a set number of pieces.

Comment

I don't think Coke is going to issue a cease and desist order for a retirement for one of their employees. I would recommend you contact Coke about possibly doing that for future retirements - may make some money.

George

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jo Labre
              Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
              by Jo Labre
              Rolf, Richard Boehl at QTE says the next shipment is expected soon and a new unit will be sent to me. From the comments in this thread it looks like it will be safe to plug the saw into the Festool. I wish I knew what caused the failure. If operator error, I don't want it to happen again....
              Today, 09:54 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to My computer issues.
              by Rolf
              Thanks John.
              Today, 08:36 AM
            • Rolf
              by Rolf
              The lack of service facilities is an industry wide problem not just in the SS world. To find tech savvy factory support is rare.
              I am fortunate that I can fix most anything myself. I don't have a Pegas saw or I would dig into one. The big problem is most tools like Pegas are sold by distributors...
              Today, 08:31 AM
            • Sandy Oaks
              by Sandy Oaks
              As a Pegas dealer, I think I will chime in on this thread. It was a huge mistake to let Bob Duncan go, but I don’t know the circumstances. I Had a customer with a tension lever problem. I sent a new lever, but there was a question on how to replace it. They passed my email on to someone and he...
              Today, 08:25 AM
            • hotshot
              by hotshot
              They need Bob back desperately....
              Today, 07:44 AM
            Working...
            X