Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola plaque

Hello all,
    A co-worker of mine ask me to make a Coca Cola plaque for a relative who is retiring after 30 years of working there. I got the logo from the internet and made my own pattern. Because of the copywrite laws I cannot post the pattern but here is the finished work. It is made from 1/4" birch plywood and has a 1/8" backer and is 14 1/2" wide. I primed and painted it the color of the logo. To make the words fit more snugly, I used a puzzle blade. Thanks for looking.
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Very well done!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Well done. With copyright laws, how are you able to make it and give it away? Just wondering! Don
      Don

Comment

Don,
        Since it is a gift the company would be hard pressed to show damages. The most they could hope for is a letter of cease and desist & Mark is already complying with that, it is a one time gift. I would not be too concerned so long as he does not try to mass produce or sell/share the pattern.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

nicely done- as long as you tweek logo just a bit -since just a gift you should be ok- ever ask permission from a coke exec, my give you permision to do a set number of pieces.

Comment

I don't think Coke is going to issue a cease and desist order for a retirement for one of their employees. I would recommend you contact Coke about possibly doing that for future retirements - may make some money.

George

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
              Reply to Harbor Fraught
              by Bill Wilson
              I wonder if their effort to offer better quality products may have something to do with it. Seems like they want to market themselves as something more than just a cheap tool supplier. Maybe reducing the number of things eligible for the big discount coupons is part of a campaign to change their image....
              Today, 02:41 PM
            • Bill Wilson
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by Bill Wilson
              I've owned both tilting table and tilting head saws. My current saw is an EX-21 (pre-Chinese made version) with the tilting head. I have to say that for beveled cuts, I much prefer the EX over my previous tilting table saws (Craftsman and Dewalt). I think a lot of it is the rack & pinion angle...
              Today, 02:06 PM
            • hotshot
              Harbor Fraught
              by hotshot
              Just a random annoyance . . . . Anyone get frustrated by the Harbor Freight ads that say no exclusions, then you see the details and see "for items under $20", or worse yet, in super small print, "Can not be used for: Atlas, Bauer, Central Machinery, CoverPro, Hercules, Predator, compressors,...
              Today, 01:04 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to Cutting Air
              by hotshot
              about an inch and a half.

High ceilings make a house look super elegant. You have the option of doing some cool interior doors that are not possible with 8 foot ceilings. A lot of the large very old houses in my area have those....
              Today, 12:46 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by hotshot
              And no annoying dust collection holes, for little pieces to catch on, right?

Since tilt arm style saws are my personal favorite . . . I can criticize it right? I hate the freaking dust collection mechanism on my King, and prefer the table on the older Green EX that didn't have that....
              Today, 11:22 AM
            Working...
            X