Rocking Chair w/Archery in mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocking Chair w/Archery in mind

Hello folks, I know I have not been on for some time. I hope everyone is well?

This is a gift for an archery friend of mine. This is a modified version from "Bernie McKruit". I did a few things different used thinner wood and made it from Black walnut. Still picking out the finishing methods.
    Attached Files
    Tool of choice: DW 788, DW 735,

Aspire To Inspire Before You Expire.

If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Very nice. Dip it and deft it.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
      Very nice. Dip it and deft it.

LOL

Thanks Mike.
      I tried a test piece with BLO/MS mix and I used Tung oil on another. Both pieces wgot a coat of Poly. Once everything dries Ill see which looks richer.

V

If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

I built one of those rocking chairs out of cherry. It is one of my favorite projects. Your archery twist is a nice touch! Post some pictures after you put the finish on it.
        -- Rick --

Comment

Will do KtownScroller. Im using BLO/MS once Im happy with it Ill finish off with Poly.

Comment

Finished

Done. Finished off with several coats of BLO only. No Poly. Wife and friends kept insisting that this piece looked better naturally. Im not so sure. I like the play that Poly gives wood.
            VB...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by VB...; 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X