3rd intarsia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd intarsia

I would like to present you my 3rd intarsia. It is the beginning of the 2 little lovebirds, the pattern is from Kathy Wise.

I had started with the other bird and failed - nothing fitted and I put it away for some days, thinking I had gotten above my abilities. But after a while I decided not to give up, put away the remnants of the failed beginning and started anew with this one.

What you see is really the beginning: the parts are scrolled, roughly shaped and only assembled, not glued together. The body is applewood, the head padouk, the leaves are ovengkol. I will go on now with the branch and afterwards try a second attempt on the other bird.
    Attached Files
    Just living is not enough said the butterfly. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. (Hans Christian Andersen)

Scroll Saw Projects

Angelika - this looks very good. Don't give up - just practice, practice, practice. I can't wait to see if finished - it's going to be outstanding.
    DeWalt 788

Comment

looking better and better Angelika...keep it up!!!!

Comment

Very good work, Angelika. Finish the shaping while looking at the picture of the finished bird as you go. This is going to be lovely. Your wood choices are spot on and your cutting is nicely done.

Jan

Comment

very nice. thanks for sharing
          Joey

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X