Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch'n Air

Catch'n Air by Lucille Crabtree..
    it's going to be a 128 piece intarsia of a skate boarding bear.
    I got the pattern 3 months ago to make for our new grand baby. I missed the baby shower deadline which was last weekend and he's going to be born sometime in the next couple weeks and I doubt I'll have it done by then too..

but I did get it started today...

not to bad for not cutting any wood in over 2 months....

to be continued.....

Trout
    Last edited by Trout; 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM.
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Looks like you're doing fine and will have that piece done for the little guy's homecoming. Remember that this is like eating an elephant........... one bite at a time.
    Have fun.

Jan

Comment

Great start.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Sometimes it seems like I will never find the time for intarsia. During my years in Real Estate, we went to school and learned alot about all forms of Real Estate, Math and R.E. Law...but then you would specialize in one part of R.E. But in woodworking, there is so many differnt parts to have fun at, it's hard to find time for all of it....and I am still trying to finish building a house for us as well....with help of course!!
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

here's 33 of the 128 peices of this project...
          the board is cut and fitted together...
          the hard part is going to grind down the board from 3/4 inch at the top to 3/8 at the bottom. the wheels and trucks are also raised a 1/4 inch...

time for the bear....
          Last edited by Trout; 09-04-2011, 08:59 PM.
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

this project is starting to get crazy! but cool!
            I'm going to call it quites early today because it's Caleb's 5th birthday...
            plus I need some supplies...

I'm one who starts shaping pieces before I get everything cut but on this one I'm going to cut everything out first.. the instructions said to use rubber cement to hold the pieces together as you work on it? I'm going to give that a try because it's getting crazy tring to keep all those peices together....
            I've used packing tape but there's just to many peices!

as I look at the pictures, I don't like how my wheels look...

Trout
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

That's just friggin' cool. Lucky kid
              Dewalt 788

Comment

It's looking good Trout! The wheels look OK to me?
                T
                Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

building wooden models sure is a lot easier than this intarsia stuff!
                  what was I thinking?
                  as for the rubber cement idea, I went back and re-read the instructions (7 pages worth) and there was no mention of rubber cement so where did I get that idea from? I had to try it and it doesn't hold parts together so I'm back to the packing tape....

this is 5 day's worth of work....

I'm thinking about my next step and it's starting to get to me so I'm taking the night off to re-group....
                  it still looks good in the picture....
                  Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

I'm no big Intarsia expert Trout, but when I make an attempt at it I use Aleen's Tack-it Over & Over its a temporary hold glue. A little dab will do. Got it at Michael's. The parts hold together, and you don't need a sledge hammer to get them apart.
                    IMG_5878 (Small).JPG
                    Last edited by Wood Dog; 09-08-2011, 09:45 PM.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
                      I use Aleen's Tack-it Over & Over its a temporary hold glue. A little dab will do. Got it at Michael's. The parts hold together, and you don't need a sledge hammer to get them apart.
                      that's what I need, I get some tomorrow..
                      thanks Wood Dog

Trout
                      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

It wont make any deference what glue you use. With you making it we know it will turn out perfect. Looks great so far.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                        Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                        One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

When you're done, you should send Lucille a picture of it. I'm sure she'd be tickled. I can give you her e-mail address.
                          Janette
                          www.square-designs.com

Comment

This is an awesome project. Just like everything you tackle!
                            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

hey Wood Dog, I got the last small bottle of Aleene's tack it glue. it was $5 for that little bottle but if it does what I'm hoping it will be worth it!
                              I have about $80 into this project already.....

Hi Janette, I have an email address for Lucille but when I'm done we'll get together on it to make sure I have the right one. last night I was looking for her website but all I could find was her books on EBay.

I love this WIP section because it really helps me see things I might be missing when it's all spread out on the work bench....
                              Mrs.Trout's home with my piece of yellow heart so I guess it's time to get back in the shop...

and thanks everyone for being here on this great website!
                              the support is always good!

Trout
                              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X