Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moose intarsia finished-Honest critique???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose intarsia finished-Honest critique???

Here is the finished Moose. Please give honest opinion about my 4th intarsia project. Getting better???? Thanks all!!!
    Attached Files

trelli, looks great. You did a nice job. I only have one segmentation piece, and it isn't finished. I have to glue it yet. It's been a couple years laying around & I finally decided to get it finished. I have it layed out for this picture. I really like doing wildlife & yours is really nice. Keep up the good work.
    Attached Files
    PERK

Comment

Trelli that's one fine looking moose you did there. Sharp cutting and excellent choice of woods.
      Perk, don't know why you took so long to show us, that's just great. Don't forget to post a picture of the finished article.
      Mick
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

thanks goofy and journeyman....I need all the encouragement I can get!!!!

Comment

awesome

Trelli ,Sharp, Clean ,no distractions ,very effective presentation ,sometimes they are so busy and loose the dramatic effect that Yours has,striking ,The Eye
          detail needs ,something ,otherwise its perfect ,In my opinion ,that and $ 1.25
          will get me a cup of coffee with a free refill, but I like it as is ,but the eye is the only thing I would modify.

My very best !
          Carl
          "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
          Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

thankyou for the honest critique Carl. I think what you are seeing with the eye is the way I took the photo. I don't have a photo setup yet. In the picture there looks like an extra pupil but it's from the flash. I have an old digital and incorrect lighting for correct photos. Thanks again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
              Reply to hegner 2"
              by MidMich324
              Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
              Yesterday, 09:30 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by will8989
              I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
              Yesterday, 09:28 PM
            • millwab
              Reply to Peanuts #1
              by millwab
              Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
              Yesterday, 02:51 PM
            • Don in Brooklin On
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by Don in Brooklin On
              Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
              Yesterday, 01:48 PM
            • theframer
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by theframer
              Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
              Yesterday, 12:05 PM
            Working...
            X