Ramp Walkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramp Walkers

Betty sent me a Question regarding the Ramp walkers in the last issue of SSWWC (Spring) . She asked me about a small tweak I had mentioned in a post.
    Betty I have no idea where I posted it.

For the ramp walkers to walk properly and walk in a reasonably straight line, the bottom of the feet need to have a continuous smooth arc and be square to the sides of the body.

After I assembled mine and before applying the finish. I put them on my disk sander. Holding the feet together. I lightly sanded the arc so that there is a smooth transition from foot to foot.
    Even if you cut the parts perfectly you may get a bit of misalignment after assembly.
    I hope this picture helps. I will also post this on the facebook page.

Sanding the feet.jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I may make those, Rolf.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks Rolf. I made one yesterday and dry assembly it works great. Just need to put dowel in permanently today. I would of never thought to do a gentle sanding on the feet. I checked out his site and will be ordering some patterns. This was a fun project and rather quick and easy. Longest part was sanding wood and glue up.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

This toy is so cool. I did a little hand sanding on the legs and he just walked down a 3’ board without nosediving! I will be making lots more to sell at my shows. I would have never made us had a customer message
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

This is so cool. I got him to walk down a 3 foot board without doing a nose dive. I just had to do a little hand sanding on the feet and that was all. I would have never made this had a customer not ask for something different for her grandson for Easter. I had the magazine there and she saw it on the cover and said I want that. Not being one to say no to a customer I said sure no problem. I will be ordering more from his site and these will be a staple in my shows. Your tip was very valuable Rolf. Thanks again. I’ll post a picture after I do the finish.
          Betty

Comment

Betty please post pictures of what you come up with. I really like the one pictured on page 28 0f the magazine that Hannah painted.

I am amazed by the popularity of this project.
            Last edited by Rolf; 03-25-2021, 07:57 AM.
            Rolf

Comment

I would have never tried this had my customer not asked for it. My grandson came over yesterday and he thought it was cool and I was a genius I got it to walk! That and a kiss and I was set for the night. They are so easy to make.
              Betty

Comment

I sent a video to my customer and she loved it! I got the elephant and woodpecker. As much as I don’t like to paint, the elephant needs to be pink! After all, we’ve all seen a pink elephant once or twice, right? 🥃🍹🍷
                Attached Files
                Betty

Comment

It looks great.!
                  Rolf

Comment

Customer really liked the hedgehog. I made the armadillo out of green poplar. No painting necessary. I raced these last night and the armadillo won every time.! I have the woodpecker and elephant ready to put together. Fun to do and different!
                    Attached Files
                    Betty

Comment

I look forward to seeing the other two.
                      Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
                        Reply to elementary questions
                        by millwab
                        Dan, your questions are a little tough to answer without knowing a little more about this puzzle you're cutting. That said, here are my thoughts:
                        • First of all, it would be helpful to know the overall size of this puzzle and how many pieces you're thinking of cutting it into. 1/2" BB is pretty
                        Today, 07:09 PM
                      • dwssr2
                        elementary questions
                        by dwssr2
                        So I am making a puzzel for a co worker, not real intricagte, I am using 1/2 baltic birch, I almost always use fdur blades. My questions are what size blade sholuld I use, considering finish, and what size entry hole should I drill?
                        Next question is how to finish? When painting puzzles, different...
                        Today, 11:49 AM
                      • Sandy Oaks
                        Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                        by Sandy Oaks
                        Thanks Linda. I got the email and sent you a reply. I hope I answered the questions....
                        Today, 11:33 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Hey Denny---I shot you an email with a few questions. I might just have to dip my toe into the world of Pegas blades vs FD. At least to try! Open minded explorations. Thank you ! Linda
                        Today, 10:29 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Having a Betty week
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Be careful---soon she will be able to outrun you! Remember when fridges lasted for decades?! Glad she's doing well.
                        Today, 10:12 AM
                      Working...
                      X