Work in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in progress

Last week we hit a cold spell, and so my woodworking was limited to sitting indoors behind the computer making new plans. So I went and made some drawings for a plane that has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw a picture of it in a library book back in Belgium.

This weekend temperatures got back to a cozy Texas November, which is about like May in every other part of the country. So I started getting the wood ready. This is as far as I got. Looking forward to next weekend.

Ps, Rolf, this is what I meant with a flat sided toy aircraft, although this one ended up a bit more extravagant with three engines and such. I have a some plans for simpler one-engined ones if you are interested.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ennobee; 11-28-2019, 08:23 PM.

Looking forward to the finished plane.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It reminds me of the Fokker tri motor. I also look forward to the finished plane.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I looked at the Fokker Tri-motor but with the way it's engines are suspended between the wings and the fuselage, it gets complicated quickly. However now you got me thinking, so who knows. A Fokker F.VII might be my next project.

Comment

In the meantime, here is my Italian tri-Motor ready to get a coat of finishing. I found that 1/8 in thickness for the hardwood accents is a bit of overkill. So may be leave that out in the final version or otherwise make the next model 50% bigger ànd use 1/2 in caftwood instead of the 1/4 I am using now. In the meantime I already have one plane to add to my collection

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X