No announcement yet.

Train set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the updated version of the plywood train set. Train set Plywood 3.jpgTrain set plywood 4.jpgTrain set Plywood caboose.jpg
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I definitely like the two wheels up front better.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
        I definitely like the two wheels up front better.
        Yes I do like the three wheel sets better, also. I have twenty-five train sets, like this one, to give to The Salvation Army next week for their Christmas gifting. I received the parts for my Hawk but the Pittman arm did not have the lower bearing with it, just the upper. I have the new Pittman arm installed and it is a lot more quiet now. I used your idea of using a clamp to remove the upper bearing and it worked like a charm. Thanks again for the tip. I replaced the front tension release lever cam and it now works as intended.
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim, the arm came with just the top bushing and no bearing in the bottom? When I bought mine it was an assembly.
          The bearing on mine was fine but the upper bushing was worn, That reminds me I need to lube that.
          I like to press things out instead of beating on them. Glad that worked.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Right, no bearing on the bottom. I re-installed the old one and it seems a lot better. Not perfect but....
            If I decide to change the lower one I will just go to a local bearing shop to get it. Will be a lot cheaper, that way, than to order it from the Hawk people.
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim, congratulations to you and your group for all you do for the toys for the Children. I really like the train sets. Awesome job all around.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

Today, we made our December delivery of toys to our local children's hospital, Ronald McDonald House, and The Salvation Army of 1,912 toys. Including 27 of these trains.That makes a total of 4,112 for 2019. About a thousand less than our best years but not too shabby. (Two of our main club contributors to this endeavor died last year). Last week we also gave away, one at a time, 450 toys to children at a local children's Christmas event sponsored by Lubbock Christian University so the total is actually,4,562. These toys are well received and looked forward to, each year, by the recipients.
                Last edited by Jim Finn; 12-09-2019, 06:25 PM.
                "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
                  Today, we made our December delivery of toys to our local children's hospital, Ronald McDonald House, and The Salvation Army of 1,912 toys. Including 27 of these trains.That makes a total of 4,112 for 2019. About a thousand less than our best years but not too shabby. (Two of our main club contributors to this endeavor died last year). Last week we also gave away, one at a time, 450 toys to children at a local children's Christmas event sponsored by Lubbock Christian University so the total is actually,4,562. These toys are well received and looked forward to, each year, by the recipients.
                  Jim thanks for your efforts and that of your club. It really does not take much to make a big difference in the lives of those who are in need.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X