simple pinewood seaplanes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple pinewood seaplanes

Here are three simple semi-scale seaplanes from the 1920's I an currently making for a church fair silent auction. The pictures show them being cut but not yet sanded. At present they are halfway sanded and glued together. Will probably finish sanding and waking them this evening after work.
    The planes are cut from 1/2 in. Pinewood with some 1/4 in. For the props and tailplanes. The 'cylinders' are made from 3/8 dowels or rather cut from a 3/8 basswood rod I still had laying around with my paper kite stuff. The props are fastened with a no.6 woodscrew and I will use another no.6 screw to fasten the wings to the fuselage.
    All three models together Junkers F-13 on floats The two-person Junkers A-20 sportsplane

Monday evening: Sanded and waxed. Tuesday evening: Some glamour shots in the last sunlight. This evening: Drop them off at church office for this weekends parish fair. In the meantime, here are some pics of my dilapidated garden
    Last edited by Ennobee; 10-10-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Looks like you are ready to fly.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Those are great looking planes. I’m sure they fetched a great price at the auction.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
          Tiger fretwork
          alexscrollsaw
          Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
          Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
          pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
        • will8989
          Conversation with Bruce
          will8989
          Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
          Today, 12:56 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers Mkt today
          will8989
          Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
          Today, 12:40 AM
        • hotshot
          Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
          hotshot
          Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
          Yesterday, 11:44 PM
        • Quartz43
          Reply to epoxy
          Quartz43
          I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
          Yesterday, 06:51 PM
        Working...
        X