Puppy and Kitten boxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy and Kitten boxes.

These boxes are made of pine and measure 8"x6"x3" outside dimensions. The grey in the kitten is corian. This was my first use of corian. Both images are inlaid into the hinged lid.
    11 Kitten.jpg11 Puppy.jpg
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Your work is excellent, and I like the patterns. What is the white in the kitten?
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

I used basswood for the white feet.
      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Those are really, I mean really nice!
        AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Really nice. Any kid and a lot of adults would be pleased to get one of these as a gift.

"Time to give back."
          "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Excellently done Jim. Those both came out fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

Next you will be cutting coins like our buddy Randy and inlaying them. Those inlays are wonderful. I might have to come to Texas and become an understudy.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Cute! where did you get the Corian?
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

A piece of corian was given to me years ago by a woodworker that was quitting the hobby. Finally tried it. Not impressed.
                  "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I'm a big kid at heart! Looks really nice. Glad you posted them. How long did they take to make?

Comment

More masterpieces Jim. I'll come with Scott and do an understudy. Interesting you didn't like working with the corian. Can you tell us what you didn't like about it?
                      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Corian re fuses together after the saw blade goes through it. I also am not fond of the flat, no grain, look of this plastic material.

My boxes take me two hours to make. The inlay takes much less time than building the box does. Finishing takes days of drying time also. I put three coats of wipe on poly so at least three days but only a minute each day for that. Time at the saw, cutting the inlay, is about five minutes. Each color of wood requires a different inlay.
                        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I hope those are not the only two you made, get ready for orders at the craft sales. Outstanding job Jim.
                          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I could make a left at San Antonio to come for a workshop next time I’m visiting my daughter.✈️
                            Last edited by will8989; 01-05-2018, 09:25 PM.
                            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty. You are welcome here in my very dusty workshop any time. I am currently helping a friend here in Lubbock learn to do inlay.
                              Gloria. I made two of the kitten boxes and four of the puppy boxes. Yes I plan to make more before my first sale in June and before I open our new (still under construction) website.
                              Last edited by Jim Finn; 01-06-2018, 08:20 AM.
                              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X