Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vgraf View Post
    Nice Chairs
    Would you be willing to share the plans once you get done with the task of making the 30 chairs?
    No plans involved.
    We consulted a size chart for chairs for children and chose the age group we were told to target, and ended up making just two sizes. One with the seat 10" off the floor and one with it 12". We made the seat parallel to the floor and the back tilted back 5°. Made it as tall as would fit well on the 60" x 60" plywood. (20" tall) Just free formed the curves with the help of some dividers (compass). They need large flat surfaces to do the artwork on, so we opted for this design.
    I made some 1/4" thick plywood templates, with cut outs in them, to mark where the backing blocks for the seat, backrest and stringer across the bottom should go.
    We have , in the past, made similar chairs but with slats as a back rest instead of the flat board, as on this design. The artists gave us feedback to not use the slats this time.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
    No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Comment

I couldn't see the original pictures either (Windows 10 PC). Thank you for posting them again. That design looks sturdy yet comfortable. Nice job!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Update: Seven of our club members finished all thirty-two of the chairs, Saturday. Ronald McDonald house will be coming to pick them up on Tuesday. Chairs.jpg
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
        No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Comment

Fantastic job, look great, RJ
          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

What an absolutely wonderful job, and the cause is well worth it. Thank you!!!
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful thing to do.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Those turned out real nice. Be fun to see them after the painting is done.
                AKA Paul from Washington State
                Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X