Washers for 1/4" axles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washers for 1/4" axles

For those of you who make, or want to make wheeled toys.

The common wood axles supplied for wheels with 1/4" holes are actually 7/32". If, like me, you want use a washer behind the wheel you may find 7/32" washers to be hard to find. A 1/4" will work, but it is a bit loose. A 6 mm washer is exactly the size needed and most of the big box home centers will carry them.

I have been using plastic, recycled from water jugs(1 gallon). Either as a washer or as a shim for spacing. Just something to chew on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• campasano
      Reply to Nativity Cross
      campasano
      Rolf, you did a fantastic job on that cross, It is much more intricate than the Nativity cross. I will have to order that pattern as well. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
      Today, 12:41 PM
    • RJweb
      Reply to vet THANK YOU
      RJweb
      Very nice cutting, I have done that pattern and gave it to my va dr for her office, RJ
      Today, 10:56 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Nativity Cross
      Rolf
      Nice work on both of them! Sue has such an amazing selection. Here is another of her designs, I reduced it from the original size. Baltic birch ply on Walnut backer.
      Today, 09:11 AM
    • campasano
      Reply to Nativity Cross
      campasano
      You did a great job on both of them, I will have to order the Angel Wing pattern from Sue...
      Today, 08:52 AM
    • NC Scroller
      Reply to vet THANK YOU
      NC Scroller
      Croaker very nice, I did a similar tribute. Sorry but I can't find a picture. It was the same Dirk Boelman pattern but I added a backer painted with red, white and blue stripes. There are many way to achieve the same effects.
      Today, 07:37 AM
    Working...
    X