Washers for 1/4" axles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washers for 1/4" axles

For those of you who make, or want to make wheeled toys.

The common wood axles supplied for wheels with 1/4" holes are actually 7/32". If, like me, you want use a washer behind the wheel you may find 7/32" washers to be hard to find. A 1/4" will work, but it is a bit loose. A 6 mm washer is exactly the size needed and most of the big box home centers will carry them.

I have been using plastic, recycled from water jugs(1 gallon). Either as a washer or as a shim for spacing. Just something to chew on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Scrappile
      Reply to 1999 Hegner M18?
      Scrappile
      I believe some of the earlier ones do not have the quick tension release at the front of the top arm. That would be a show stopper for me. I have seen several 18" in various conditions and they usually are listed around $400.
      Keep in mind I live in the North West and scroll saws are a hard...
      Today, 11:15 AM
    • cwmagee
      Reply to It's done
      cwmagee
      I have always want to try a project like that, however I have not gotten around to it. Nice work!
      Today, 10:45 AM
    • Sandy Oaks
      Reply to It's done
      Sandy Oaks
      That is really cool.
      Today, 10:28 AM
    • snatiep
      1999 Hegner M18?
      snatiep
      Hello Everyone,

I currently cut with a DeWalt and a RBI Hawk 226 scroll saw.

I was on ebay this morning and saw local to me a Hegner M18 with stand and accessories for $800 or best offer.

I'd love to try a Hegner but the age of the saw has me concerned. It says...
      Today, 09:57 AM
    • NC Scroller
      Reply to Hey Dad, guess what happened to me today
      NC Scroller
      That is one where you tell Kevin we really don't need to know until at least 6 months after it happened. There are lots of crazy people out there....
      Today, 08:24 AM
    Working...
    X