Fun toys patterns by Noslen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun toys patterns by Noslen

John Noslen recently posted a thread asking for some volutneers to try making some toys similar to what Fisher-Price used to sell. He sent, and I made, three different ones. If you missed his post, he has painted the sides on paper, you cut out the blanks, paint the edges and glue on the sides. They are a blast to make, a great way to use up wood scraps, and would make wonderful toys for young kids. I hope he can make this into a book.

Earl
    Attached Files

very neat. -----Randy
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Like'em. Have mine on the to be done stack and getting closer and closer to them.
      Larry Davis
      Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Those came out awesome.

It's all fun
        Terry
        Craftsman 18"
        Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

They all look very nice!
          How exactly did you finish the projects? Did you use a spray poly over the
          paper?
          Thanks for a reply, please.
          God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

I used spray acrylic over the paper--three coats--then waxed them.

Comment

very cute! Beats trying to paint them. I have no painting skills except for slapping on a single color.

Comment

Waauw... They look like old Fisher Price or likewise toys indeed. Love the dachshund.

Comment

And thanks for the idea about covering the sides with printed paper. 'Might use that technique to build me a really sixties yellow submarine.... Oops, just dreaming... But still...

Comment

These are so cute. My grandson loves pulling things and would love these.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Missed this post earlier. These are really cute.
                      Paw Paw Ray

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PawPawsWorkshop

Comment

Didn't John have something like this at the open house last May? If you're selling John, I'm interested. Did I ever mention in here that I hate to paint? 🎨
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Yes, these toys and other projects were at the open house last May. I don't think folks understood how it was done? It is simple gluing paper art work over scroll saw cutout wood. (comes with the pattern) Fisher-Price toy company did this years ago on all their toys. It is quick, simple, eliminates detail painting and is fun. John

Comment

Does this mean you are selling them? How? Where?
                            Betty

Comment

Greetings,
                              I just wanted to publicly thank John for allowing me to test his patterns and
                              I wanted everyone here to know what a huge success the tractor and puppy dog
                              were with my 2 year old grandson.
                              I could not imagine he would be so inthralled with these over many other toys
                              he has to play with when he is in our house.
                              He likes to take the puppy and me for LONG walks! LOL
                              God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X