Toy Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Trucks

I made these for my Great Grandson, The plans are from my original Great American CD from Berry Baskets. I made a few changes to the original plan. Hope you like them.
    Mike
    Attached Files

Mike,

It looks like you are the one having fun there. Super job.

George

Comment

They look great,your GGrandson will have a ball with them.
      Tony

Comment

nice job...your great grand son is going to love them, they look like they would be lots of fun to play with....

Trout
        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
        Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Nice trucks and cars Mike...I'm sure he will have a ball playing with those....Did you say Great Grandson....must have been pretty young when you started your family...you don't look that old.

By the way, did you enlarge a pattern or is that your own design?
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Hawaiilad, Thanks for the compliment, I will be 81 years of age this coming July. I made some changes to the original plans, I added a loading ramp to the car hauler truck. I stuck to the plans size for both vehicles.

Mike

Comment

Excellant job! Now quit playing with them!

It's all fun
              Terry
              Craftsman 18"
              Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Nice work Mike - The book of this CD was one of my first purchases after buying my saw a few years back and it has some great plans which are not so difficult to make. I particularly like the size of the models which are great for kids to play with and the fact that they can be redesigned a little as you did.

You made an excellent job and these are sure to turn in to your great grandson favourite toys. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
                Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Toy Trucks

Thank you Jim, that was so kind of you. Yes I must agree that the CD has many good patterns and I have cut many of them. I supply my Neighborhood children with many of the toy cars that are on the CD.

On another note, I enjoy your stories you tell about your experiences in Italy and the photos are beautiful. Both of my parents were born and raised in a small village outside of Naples. I remember the stories my mom told us about all of the women in Her community getting together once a week to wash clothes and bake bread in the village square. It seems like they did many things together and shared the bread and other things they prepared. I was never able to visit Italy but would like to do so before my demise. my cousins still reside in the house my Grandparents owned.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Those look great! Nice job!

SQ
                    If you can't fix it with sawdust and glue, it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Well done and perfect for the kids. They will cherish these.

I have spent a lot of time in my youth in Citrus Heights and Roseville and I also boated a lot up at Folsom Dam. Wonderful memories. Makes me feel a little homesick.

Another Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,
                        Citrus Heights is a great city and growing.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
                          nicely done, great choice of colors, he will love em.
                          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                            It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                            by alexscrollsaw
                            "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                            Today, 02:03 PM
                          • markdavd
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by markdavd
                            I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                            Today, 09:45 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            by NC Scroller
                            My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                            Today, 07:42 AM
                          • will8989
                            by will8989
                            None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                            Today, 12:20 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                            The bags seem easier on the surface.
                            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                            Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                          Working...
                          X