3 little critters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 little critters

Here are 3 animals I made for a 1 year old girl. With these critters she can learn the names of the animals and the colors of them while playing. She starts babbling already, so they are just in time.

All animals are 28 mm thick, around 12 cm long and made from beech. The patterns come from the book Scroll Saw Puzzle Patterns from Patrick and Patricia Spielman.
    Attached Files
    edited

Very nice gift for a toddler and nice choice of colors. If you print out the names in red capitals and then use mod-podge to decoupage them to the side of the animal, it will add to the learning process. That's what I did for my granddaughter for her 1st birthday.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

The alphabet and numbers could be cut out, too, and all kinds of animals. There's no limit what you could create for learning opportunities for little ones.
      Kids learn very quickly if given the tools to do it with and someone spend a little time with them.
      When I was 5 and 6 years old we didn't have kindergarten, back in that day.
      I started 1st grade knowing nothing. Absolutely nothing.
      I didn't know my colors, how to count, ABC's.
      My family didn't try to teach me anything. I had to learn all that in 1st grade.
      But today kids can have all that down pat way before 1st grade.

Comment

Very nice toys

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X