Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Scania Truck 1/10 scale

Hello All,

This is my first post. Wanted to show you the Scania truck I just finished from one of Richard Blizzard's book. It is 1/10 scale. It measures 26"L x 10.25"W x 14" H.

DSCN4502.jpgDSCN4505.jpgDSCN4511.jpgDSCN4514.jpg

DSCN4517.jpgDSCN4520.jpgDSCN4507.jpg

Bret
    Public Home | Bj383ss | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

like they say in that commercial: That's Amazing!
    i really like the attention to the details, i can not imagine how many hours you put in that.
    really nice truck
    n.

Comment

Very nice, I like the detail and the fit and finish. Well done!!!
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      Jim
      DW788
      My scrollin' blog

The worst day scrollin' is better than the best day o' workin'

Comment

Bret,

That is a totally AWESOME truck!!! WOW!

Nancy in AZ
        A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Very impressive!
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Nicely done.

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice, Bret. Impressive!
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Welcome to the board! And very impressive work!!
                Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Welcome WOW ,very nice! How long did it take to make? Lance

Comment

Welcome to the group.Some mighty fine work there,your attention to detail is awesome.
                    Tony

Comment

Bret, that is one fine truck. You are an engineer when it comes to detail. Very nice finish too. Welcome to the forum.
                      PERK

Comment

I am impressed, nice work.

Sunlion
                        The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Thank you guys for all the great comments. Lance I don't have an exact hour but I would say around 250 hours. I started it on June 12th and finished last Thurs Dec 1st. Almost 6 months. My latest project is a steam freight train. I can post pics in progress if any one is interested.

Bret

Comment

Very nice, lots of detail which I like to include on my projects.
                            Nick

Comment

Hello all

I am most certainly not someone who would use a scroll saw, I happened upon this thread from a search engine of 'Richard Blizzard Scania'.
                              My reason for visiting? During the 80s as a child, my dad made me the Scania 142e, complete with flat back trailer. He added working leaf springs, and rudimentary lights, Scania paint scheme, etc.
                              He then made the fork lift truck to which he added working lift gear.
                              He then made, from nothing more than the Scania drawings and some brochures, a scale model of a Foden single axle unit, complete with low loader trailer for the FLT.

As a child I didn't really understand the significance of what he'd made for me, and proceeded to play with these as though they were of equivalent strength to my Tonka toys. They weren't.
                              Subsequently they succumbed to their fair share of knocks and bangs.

I have recently recovered these from a dusty loft, with the intention of bringing them back to some form of former glory. Once I work out how to load pictures to this reply I will add some for your honest opnion.

BTW to the original poster, that's a lovely truck.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by meflick
                                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                                Yesterday, 08:21 PM
                              • Jo Labre
                                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                                by Jo Labre
                                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                                Yesterday, 11:13 AM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                                Yesterday, 10:14 AM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by Rolf
                                I haven't even decided what to make!
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X