Little wood cars for the craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little wood cars for the craft fair

I made some more little cars, since the few I had at the last craft show sold quickly. I have a small local show this coming weekend, so these cars will be on the table.

Nancy in AZ
    Attached Files
    A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Originally posted by rippersmom View Post
    I made some more little cars, since the few I had at the last craft show sold quickly. I have a small local show this coming weekend, so these cars will be on the table.

Nancy in AZ
    Those are so cute. Can I ask the price range you get for them? I haven't crafted or sold anything in such a long time I'm way behind the times on prices.
    I was thinking $2.50-3.00 per car but I may be way off base.

Comment

Originally posted by Catlyn View Post
      Those are so cute. Can I ask the price range you get for them? I haven't crafted or sold anything in such a long time I'm way behind the times on prices.
      I was thinking $2.50-3.00 per car but I may be way off base.
      Hi,

Thanks. You are right on for my pricing. LOL $3 each, 2 for $5. This area is full of folks of limited means and I would rather sell for less and see the kids get a present for Xmas. Any toy items I make are always priced low, on purpose.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Originally posted by rippersmom View Post
        Hi,

Thanks. You are right on for my pricing. LOL $3 each, 2 for $5. This area is full of folks of limited means and I would rather sell for less and see the kids get a present for Xmas. Any toy items I make are always priced low, on purpose.

Nancy in AZ
        Very good idea. So with low prices you're giving to them also. Thanks for the info. I live in Arkansas, so I won't be any competition for ya, but I'd love to try the little cars too.

Comment

Nice! Looks like you'll make some kids happy. Lance

Comment

Little cars

Hi Nancy

Very nice!!

Where did you get your patterns? They are so adorable. Just perfect for small hands. What type of paint and finish did you use?

My woodworking club makes cars to donate to schools for under priviledged kids and these would be perfect.

db

Comment

Originally posted by dottyblues View Post
              Hi Nancy

Very nice!!

Where did you get your patterns? They are so adorable. Just perfect for small hands. What type of paint and finish did you use?

My woodworking club makes cars to donate to schools for under priviledged kids and these would be perfect.

db
              Glad you like them. The patterns come in a couple sizes, I made the small ones. The patterns are available at the Berry Basket online. Cost is minimal: $5.95 if I remember right.

I painted them with waterbased acrylic paints and sanded lightly between 2 coats. Then I applied wipe on poly, let dry, sanded very lightly and buffed with a soft rag.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Nancy, those are very nice I can see them doing well. You have made a lovely job of painting them.

Good Luck
                Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Prelepi automobili.....

Comment

Beautiful cars .....

Comment

G'day Nancy,
                      Great little cars. I love the colours.
                      At your prices, you are sure to sell out.
                      I, too, always have some low priced toys, well below what they would normally cost, just so the youngsters can aford something with their pocket money. Guess that's why we'll never be billionaires but we feel good.
                      Regards
                      John
                      "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                      Some of my Stuff
                      Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Those are great are they from 3/4" stock? I'm having a devil of a time with the snow getting to town for some thicker stock for the plans I have on hand, they want 2x stock.
                        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                          Those are great are they from 3/4" stock? I'm having a devil of a time with the snow getting to town for some thicker stock for the plans I have on hand, they want 2x stock.
                          Yes, 3/4 stock. The first ones I made a while back were from 2x4 scraps and I much prefer the 3/4. Only issue was that the axle pegs I have are a bit too long, but that was an easy fix: made a jig and sliced off the excess on the scroll saw.

Nancy in snowless AZ

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
                            G'day Nancy,
                            Great little cars. I love the colours.
                            At your prices, you are sure to sell out.
                            I, too, always have some low priced toys, well below what they would normally cost, just so the youngsters can aford something with their pocket money. Guess that's why we'll never be billionaires but we feel good.
                            Thanks, John. I tried to make them bright and appealing to the little folk.
                            Nope, a billionaire I shall never be, but that's okay.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Nancy thanks for the response. I'll be ordering the 2 sets of plans tonight...
                              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X