Here's something different ,-----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something different ,-----

Wooden Wheels,- Something that every Toy maker uses. Yes, I know that those living in the USA have good access to relatively cheap Wooden Wheels of varying sizes and profiles, etc., but the photos I am about to show to you are of different types of wooden wheel made by an Australian Inventor mate of mine in his own workshop, using a special Wheel Cutter, & Shaper he has invented, which he plans to release For Sale, initially here in Australia later this year, then eventually to the world-wide Home / Hobby Toy-Makers Market. Wheel diameters his invention can cut and shape range from about 1.1/4" up to 5 inch, with thickness ranging from 1/2" up to anout 2". The photos I am about to show to you are,
    ( 1 ), " Daytona," also known as, "Globe," MAGS.
    ( 2 ) Ford, ( Australia ), 12 slot pattern.
    ( 3 ) Realistic Tractor Tread pattern,- cut onto a Single Thickness of a wooden wheel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rogerjenkins; 09-25-2011, 04:59 AM. Reason: Forgot photos !!!!!!

cool looking wheels! Love the tractor tread.
    T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

That's mighty impressive....
      The tractor threads caught my eye too...
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Pretty good looking wheels.
        Looks like a lot of work.

Bob
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Very good looking wheels.
            sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
            To all who serve or have served, Thank you
            Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Good looking wheels. Do you have any more information

Comment

Thanks for posting and ditto Kiwi.
                Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

More Aussie made wooden wheels attachment info,-

The Invention is in two parts. ( A ) The first section which is the basic Shaper can be safely used on a Bench Drill with a 1/2" chuck or #2 Morse Taper, and will shape wooden wheels from timber/ply/mdf blanks using specially shaped TCT cutters which can be custom made to suit each individual buyer, for example if you ask for cutters to shape wide racing car wheels,- that is what you will receive.
                  Estimated Retail price is approximately Aust.$75. - $85 plus approximately Aust.$50.ea. for the specially shaped TCT cutter. Estimated weight is approximately 750 grams, or about 1.1/2Lbs.
                  ( B ) Tractor Tread Cutter is designed to fit onto any Woodworking Lathe, and has a series of gears which are thrown in-or out to pre-set the cutter for whatever diameter Tractor Wheel you are cutting, as it is a totally independent unit, and requires the use of a separate 1/4 inch Laminate Trimmer to hold the special Tread-cutter bit. ( I think a standard 1/4 inch light-duty Router will also fit into the Tread-Cutter base. ).Two Wheels can be done at the same, and the machine currently takes about 20 minutes to cut the entire tread pattern on a 4 inch x 1.1/4 wide tractor wheel. The entire unit fits into a standard size Shoebox, and,- " Yes," photos to be freely available as soon as the production prototype is completed and passed all Wooden Wheel making tests. Most probably a short, " Unit in action," demo video will also be made available to interested buyers. This interesting Wooden Wheel Cutter, & Shaper will be promoted in The Australian Woodworker Magazine either later this year, or early next year,- more detailed information as it comes to hand. Meantime, How can I set up an, " Expression of interest list of people, RE; Pontential purchase of this Aussie-made Wheel Shaper, & Tractor Tread Cutter, " without stepping on anyone's toes on this site ?

Comment

I think those who are seriously interested could shoot you a PM ( private message).
                    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes it would be best if they sent you a private message. We do not allow selling directly on the forum. Thank you for asking.
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I went to your website and send you an e-mail
                        Juvy

Comment

Originally posted by keju View Post
                          I went to your website and send you an e-mail
                          Juvy
                          Hi Keju / Can you email me again please as have Not received abovementioned message, as easysell admit they are having a few message forwarding problems of late. Better still, simply PM me via this site, - Which I should receive,- with luck. ( stranger things have happened !! )
                          Roger

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X