Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My motorcycles

Hi

I have been designing and building these for quite a while now, and each one is different.
    They are made from Oak, Pine, Cedar and Maple, with plastic for the exhaust and aluminum and thread for the wheels.
    Like all my projects so far, these are finished with several coats of clear polyurathane.

Nick
    Attached Files

Very well done. Thanks for sharing.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Man, Those are cool, Very nice work!
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Great job Nick. What detail. I love the fuel tanks. Are any for sale? Styrk1

Comment

Hi C&C, they turned out real nice.

Ditto Styrk1.

Do you work from patterns or make it up as you go along?
          Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Wow those are sweeeeet to the max.......love everything about them.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

all I can say is, Nick you good!
              and what really impresses me is that your coming up with your own designs.....
              I would like to see some WIP threads on some of these projects...

keep them coming....

Trout
              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
              Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Nick, those are really nice...makes me want to hop on and go for a ride. It's nice to see a mind wonder from time to time.
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Beautiful craftsmanship.
                  God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

WOW!!!!! Your designs and workmanship are outstanding. How big are they? WIP please.

george
                    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Nick those are great. Like Trout I would love to see a WIP on those. What size or they?
                      Mick
                      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey, Nick, you have some fine working hands there. Real nice planning & detail work. You have a nice touch. Thanks for sharing them with us. Ya, let's see some WIP shots.
                        PERK

Comment

WOW and I am also in agreement with Trout.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

My Motorcycles

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments on my motorcycles.

Styrk 1, the newer ones are for sale, I'm keeping the first ones that I made.

When I started these I made some quick sketches, cur out some parts and started to assemble. I now have some patterns that I use, however when sanding, you sure can change the look of things quickly, so no two are alike.
                            The first one turned out ok, but I wanted more detail, so I bought some motorcycle magazines. These showed different fenders, handle bars, exhaust systems and tanks, lots of ideas..
                            I keep changing the shape of the frame and tanks as I go along, as well as adding more detail.

They are about 12" long, which seems a good size. As some of my friends, who ride Harley's, and have bought my motorcycles, have told me. they look well proportioned.

I have some stuff that is a work in progress, of which I will post pictures in the near future, when I get more done on them.

Thanks again
                            Nick

Comment

Nick, I really liked the three wheeled one. Could I get a cost? Styrk1

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X