cutting vinyl tiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting vinyl tiles

I am cutting out a 3 color design out of 1/8' vinyl (1 ft. squares ) the design is 4' sq. 16 tiles with 2 different colors added.(a puzzle) do you have any recommendations on blades? or how to do this? Puzzled about puzzles ???

Re: cutting vinyl tiles

??? Piney, I have never tried to scrollsaw vinyl tile but I would expect problems with heat. If you use too much speed, the blade may get hot and cause the vinyl to melt and stick to the blade. I might suggest a coarse toothed blade, slow speed and if your saw has a dust blower, direct it into the cut to cool the vinyl as much as possible. In fact, I wonder if you could freeze the tiles first to make them chip better?

Comment

Re: cutting vinyl tiles

I recently retired from a owning a floor covering store and for one job I scroll sawed the logo of our local country club from 1/8' vinyl tiles. I stacked the two colors, used a medium blade and took my time. I did not have any problems with it melting. The finished logo covered about 16-20 tiles so there was only a portion of a letter on each tile. It looked GREAT! and was good advertising for my store.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X