Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    I’m going to get a clear gel so the color shows through.

Leave a comment:

• alba36
    replied
    I think the best natural finish for poplar wood is a gel stain or wipe the stain. While poplar wood removes nearly all stains well, including deep stains or stains that need deep soaking, gel stains help some of the wood's unique markings and texture shine through while giving a Sharp, consistent finish that is no different from paint.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Thanks. I’ll have to give the gel stain a try. I have some beautiful rainbow poplar and multiple shades of green.

Leave a comment:

• alba36
    replied
    I think the best natural finish for poplar wood is a gel stain or wipe the stain. While poplar wood removes nearly all stains well, including deep stains or stains that need deep soaking, gel stains help some of the wood's unique markings and texture shine through while giving a Sharp, consistent finish that is no different from paint.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Thanks Garry. I will give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• garryatpa
    replied
    I use water based varathane to finish my white birch. The water based finish does not seem to change the white color of the birch whereas if I use a varathene oil based finish the wood turns what I call a honey color.
    Garry

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    I have always had good luck with Watco lacquer.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Thanks Scott. Don’t know if this would work for my baskets but I do have a few other projects this would be perfect for.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    https://intarsia.com/blogs/news/wood-color-changes

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    started a topic What should I use?

What should I use?

I have various shades of green stripped poplar and beautiful maple. What can I use as a finish to keep the color of the poplar and the maple white? I

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X