What should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I use?

I have various shades of green stripped poplar and beautiful maple. What can I use as a finish to keep the color of the poplar and the maple white? I
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

https://intarsia.com/blogs/news/wood-color-changes
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Don’t know if this would work for my baskets but I do have a few other projects this would be perfect for.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have always had good luck with Watco lacquer.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I use water based varathane to finish my white birch. The water based finish does not seem to change the white color of the birch whereas if I use a varathene oil based finish the wood turns what I call a honey color.
          Garry

Comment

Thanks Garry. I will give that a try.
            Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X