blue tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue tape

i use blue masking tape on my projects every time i try and remove it it leaves a line that is hard to remove i tried to sand it,scrape it, and thinner nothing seems to work i need help

Interesting..... I use blue tape all the time and have never had that problem.

Comment

what brand are you using?

Comment

Try using the clear adhesive shelf liner. You can get if from Walmart - 12" x 30'. Costs less than $6. Leaves NO RESIDUE and peels off easily. Blue tape is much more expensive.

Comment

I use blue tape also. I've used clear tape and regular masking tape but found that accidentally leaving a small piece can ruin a finish, so the few extra cents per project is worth the cost for the contrast between the tape and wood.

WHODAY - are you making sure there is no gap between the pieces of tape? I can see having a gap would leave a place where glue or sawdust can accumulate.

Comment

Originally posted by WHODAT View Post
            i use blue masking tape on my projects every time i try and remove it it leaves a line that is hard to remove i tried to sand it,scrape it, and thinner nothing seems to work i need help
            Make sure the tape overlaps when putting it on
            use a heat gun to help in removing the tape too

all that said, I spray glue the pattern directly to the wood, and remove with mineral spirits. then wipe the piece with mineral spirits again and done.

I tried tape (hat the small pieces that do not remove with the larger ones
            tried plastic tape, same problem and saw dust seems to gather more in the overlaps
            Jim
            Texas - The Republic
            With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

What kind of line ? Is it tearing up the wood grain?
              I have never had an issue with 3M blue tape. It was my go to for the 4 x 4 inch ornament stacks that I make around Christmas. That said I rarely us it now. I have been using the contact brand clear shelf liner for my larger projects for many years but recently switched to the Duck Brand after Charles Hand mentioned it to me. I like it it much better. I do pre sand all of my wood to 320 before use.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by will8989
                Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                Today, 10:57 AM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Quartz43
                I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                Today, 09:46 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by NC Scroller
                I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                Today, 06:36 AM
              • hotshot
                Reply to Demo display
                by hotshot
                The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.
                Yesterday, 07:08 PM
              Working...
              X