silver craft paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver craft paint

My question is why when using silver craft paint bought at Walmart, first I used primer on the Baltic birch plywood, the first coat went on ok, when applying the second coat it seems the first coat was lifting and hard to get good color coverage. Seems the orange color had no problem. Any ideas how to get better results? thank you dan

Is it a really slick, smooth finish? You might need to hit it with some 320 or 400 grit paper between coats.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

How long did you wait between coats, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Not trying to be rude or funny or demeaning but did you read the directions? No all paint is the same.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

thanks for the replies, good suggestions, I was thinking the same. I changed brand of craft paint and the second brand seems to be much better. I would buy the better paint all the time, (at a big chain craft store a sales lady told me the one brand of paint is junk) but I don't have a source close to me.

Comment

The above suggestions are right on.
            I usually treat my baltic birch plywood with a pre-treatment coat, sand the wood, then paint the first coat. The acrylic craft paint is water soluble and will raise the grain of the wood, that's why I follow up the pre-treatment with sanding. Pre-treatment coatings are available from both varathane and min-wax companies.

Also, I would make sure that the primer and the second coat are from the same company and are in the same line of paints from that company.. Otherwise they might not be compatible.

Virgil

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X