Alcohol stains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol stains

I have always been curious about alcohol based stains, so I ordered a few colors. red,blue, and two different greens. Boy are they intense and are very easily thinned to lighten the colors.
    I wanted them primarily for wood turnings. They penetrate very nicely. I have payed a bit on a few scrolled items with mixed results. The ribbon ornaments need to be very smooth or the colors get a bit blotchy. I will post some pictures when I get some.

Anyone use them?
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Never used them, Rolf. What is the brand name?
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

While I have not used it I have heard of other wood workers mixing powered RIT dye with alcohol (DNA) with good results.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Do you know what this Is?
        by will8989
        Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due...
        Today, 08:44 AM
      • keystonecop
        by keystonecop
        I was afraid some of my puzzles would not pass the test, but they did.. (I have some that I sell that would not (they are from the magazine) so I am not going to make them for sale anymore as I am worried about sales of those.. Maybe the magazine should have a statement of warning of small pieces if...
        Yesterday, 08:19 PM
      • Misouri Wayne
        by Misouri Wayne
        Thanks for passing this on.

"Time to give back."
        Yesterday, 07:11 PM
      • tgiro01
        by tgiro01
        Which is why I quit making toys. I used to make a lot of wood toy cars & trucks with the 3/4", 1", and 1-1/2" wheels. I, also made a lot of wood toy trains. Everything was made out of hard woods and really glued well.

And it makes no difference if the kid that get's them...
        Yesterday, 05:44 PM
      • will8989
        by will8989
        Then the puzzle in this issue would not be for children under 3 due to the 2 small pieces. I don’t paint. I don’t put wheels on things, most of my kids puzzle pieces are too big to fit in their mouth. It’s that “one” that will get you. Thanks for printing excellent info. Guess I’ll just...
        Yesterday, 05:28 PM
      Working...
      X