Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Finn
    replied
    No fan. I set the four items directly under the heat lamp.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Jim thanks for the tip. Do you also have a fan to circulate the air?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    started a topic Finishing in cold weather.

Finishing in cold weather.

I have an unheated finishing shed that I try to heat with a small electric heater. After spraying a light coat I would allow to dry four hours or overnight. I recently purchased a used heat lamp, that was used for automotive painting, and have reduced my curing time to fifteen minutes per coat. I am using a rattle can of finish. I applied five coats on four items today before lunch.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
    Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
    by Jim Finn
    Rolf;
    The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
    Today, 09:58 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Pegas saw
    by will8989
    Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
    Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
    Today, 09:01 PM
  • vgraf
    Reply to Pegas saw
    by vgraf
    Rolf,
    Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
    Today, 07:34 PM
  • vgraf
    Reply to Price Tags
    by vgraf
    I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
    Today, 07:22 PM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Pegas saw
    by Rolf
    I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
    Today, 05:23 PM
Working...
X