paint roller,,,mini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint roller,,,mini

Question, I am making a project for my granddaughter. It is 1" pine about 6" x 24" I cut her name out and using craft paint, I painted the backer one color, all the recesses letters different colors.
    Now I want to paint the face a solid color with out getting paint in the cutouts. I thought maybe a mini paint roller would work. Are some rollers more fluffy than others and which would work the best? I will try and post pictures asap. thank you dan

For mini paint rollers I believe most of them are foam. I have used them before and if you don't load them up with paint I think they will do what you want. (i.e. keep the paint on the dry side.)

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I don’t know about rollers but what about a sponge brush?
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Rollers do come in foam as well as various density knaps. I agree that the foam would probably be your best bet. The ones with knap would go down into the area you are trying to maintain in the other color. Sponge brush could work too. Definitely do not load up the paint or it will not be pretty. Make sure to post a pic when you're done!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

charlotte puzzle1.jpgcharlotte puzzle2.jpg
          iI'd like to paint this pink, I thought a roller would work best.
          Although it does look good natural

Comment

When I did the American Flag, I painted the blue over the white stars per the instructions, "even light coating (of pain on a foam roller, use moderate pressure..." I was easy and worked great.
            Last edited by Scrappile; 05-25-2018, 05:34 PM.
            AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I will look at the different rollers at lowes.

Comment

I would leave it natural. Makes good contrast with the color in the letters. Why cover up good looking wood?

"Time to give back."
                "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I like it natural too. Your granddaughter will love it.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That is pretty the way it is, but painting the surface is a neat idea too. So many options! Nice job

Comment

I wonder in an ink brayer would do the job for you better than foam. They are used to spread ink on stencils and woodcuts for printing. Here is a sample -- https://www.amazon.com/MyLifeUNIT-Ru...rds=ink+brayer
                      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was also thinking along the lines of the ink roller, it would be nice if it were a little wider. I did get a foam mini roller at walmart that worked great. I used strait craft paint around the letters. I like to use the art deco americana stain medium, it makes any color paint a stain. So I tried to stain what I did not roll. I will try post pictures today. I did like the natural look, but this is for my granddaughter and I thought she would like the paint better. dan

Comment

Getting there. Need to paint the back and the letters charlotte puzle3.jpg

Comment

Charlotte will most certainly love it.

Comment

Charlotte puzzle2.jpg
                              Charlotte puzzle.jpg

Finished product in time for her birthday this Saturday.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Out on the Farm
                                Hobbyhorse
                                Well that is something different ... good one!
                                Today, 04:09 PM
                              • Labtechjc
                                Reply to Out on the Farm
                                Labtechjc
                                This one is mine. I have the Photoshop file to prove it too! But the moose that I mentioned was the inspiration. Thinking about doing some more, but have to find some silhouettes that I like first.
                                Today, 12:36 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to It’s getting real
                                will8989
                                I asked Bruce this morning if this is really happening? Emptying cabinets and will start taking down uppers over the week-end! LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time getting to this point. Budget is great. I still have $1900 left budgeted for the kitchen, not including appliances...
                                Today, 12:34 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Coloring Wood question
                                will8989
                                Thanks. I'll have to check the analyne dyes I have. I use the powered and mix as needed for the birds for the bird houses. Good post. Gave me some new ideas besides paint.
                                Today, 12:27 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Out on the Farm
                                will8989
                                That is neat!!! Your pattern or did you buy it?
                                Today, 12:24 PM
                              Working...
                              X