hard maple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard maple

what is a good finish to put on hard maple i seem to enjoy BLO what do other people like

I like a BLO/MS 50/50 mix. Dry a few days and than spray with Deft semi-gloss.
    AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I use Tung oil on most of my project, and if I want a real nice shine after 2 coats of Tung oil I spray a light coat of shellac

Comment

I second Paul's use of Deft semigloss. Another way to really give it a shine is wax with a cloth buffing wheel, if it is such that the wheel doesn't catch on the wood.
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

I use a Danish Oil made by Deft called Deftoil. If I want more shine I will then spray with either poly or lacquer.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
            Reply to Spiral Basket
            octoolguy
            I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
            Today, 03:02 PM
          • mowerman1193
            Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
            mowerman1193
            Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
            Today, 02:48 PM
          • bhenr99
            Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
            bhenr99
            I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
            Today, 08:27 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Great Poplar
            Rolf
            Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
            Today, 08:18 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
            Rolf
            I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
            Today, 08:09 AM
          Working...
          X