hard maple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard maple

what is a good finish to put on hard maple i seem to enjoy BLO what do other people like

I like a BLO/MS 50/50 mix. Dry a few days and than spray with Deft semi-gloss.
    AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I use Tung oil on most of my project, and if I want a real nice shine after 2 coats of Tung oil I spray a light coat of shellac

Comment

I second Paul's use of Deft semigloss. Another way to really give it a shine is wax with a cloth buffing wheel, if it is such that the wheel doesn't catch on the wood.
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
          Reply to One For My Quiting Wife
          Sandy Oaks
          When people come into ArtCrafters and ask about a scroll saw, I say it is similar to a sewing machine except with small blades.
          Today, 03:22 PM
        • leehljp
          Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
          leehljp
          Me - also! I drove from Memphis to Dallas yesterday in heavy rain all the way. Could not use the cruise control. My leg was in a knot.

Having said that, I can sit still at the scroll saw for about an 30 minutes at the most before I have to move around; On the lathe, I can also stand in...
          Today, 11:51 AM
        • tgiro01
          Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
          tgiro01
          I've lured a husky neighbor with the promise of a turned pen. Now we are just waiting for the d()*& rain to stop so we can get the minivan around to the back steps into the basement, and get it down stairs. All my neighbors know that, when they help me - they walk away with a priceless work of art...
          Today, 10:47 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
          Rolf
          Scrappile I like that engine hoist. When we moved into this house back in 96 One of the first things I did was put a loft in the garage and provided a place to hang a chain hoist for working on my car. The roll around hoist has some advantages over my setup.
          Today, 10:30 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
          Rolf
          I have two variable speed controllers one is on my Digital embroidery machine(inherited from my Mom) and I also have a Rampower carver with the electronic foot pedal. The variable speed on both of those gives much more control. especially on the power carver....
          Today, 10:22 AM
        Working...
        X