A holding jig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A holding jig

To hold birdhouses while spraying has been a problem for me. I used a piece of 3/4 wood and a piece of Baltic Birch ply wood to clamp and hold the birdhouses after the eyelet has been inserted. I will make another using a piece of aluminum strap instead of the Baltic Birch. I will be glad to answer any questions or receive any helpful hint.
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Floyd, I do not often paint my bird houses but I have pickled some. At those times I just used a paper clip that half straightened. I inserted through the eye screw. After painting I hang on a long peg board hook to dry.

Pickled Painting - is a process where you use thinned paint (latex) that you apply and immediately wipe off. It stains the wood more or less. Using white or gray latex paint gives the bird house a weather look like an old fence post or barn siding.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks Scott for the suggestion. These were not painted. First made red for Christmas by coating with red computer ink, and then sprayed with clear Deft. I also used recycled 2 x 4. Most of mine are clear coated red cedar. I like your suggestion for a weathered look.
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X