Minwax Poly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minwax Poly

Can someone loan me experience on Minwax Wipe on Polyacrylic? I need to top coat a table in our new conference room at work and need to make sure this stuff will be dried and cured (no tackiness, etc) by Thursday morning.

Also, does it really wipe on?
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Wipe on Poly is really just regular poly mixed 50/50 with mineral spirits. Polyacrylic is a water based poly. Both will dry fast especially in warm weather. The only real draw back to wipe on poly is you have to put on more coats. The draw back with Polyacrylic is it will raise the grain some so a good sanding will be required between the 1st and second coat.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I'm learning a lot "watching" Bruce do the cabinets, and one thing is finish can dry in an hour or so, but it takes a full month to cure. It may not feel tacky but it isn't cured either. You can't wax it until it cures.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

So how did it turn out?
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
          So how did it turn out?
          Actually, it turned out better than I thought. Our salesman and his boss used it for a client meeting Thursday and let's just say the cost of the renovations is MORE than covered.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X