X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teri_Embrey
    replied
    Re: Anita's Color Stain..And Southernese

(((((((((ILA DON))))))))))) Many hugs and thanks to you, Ila Don!! You gave me a great lead - now I just have to get the company to respond to me!!

Thank you SOOOO much....

Do you have any pictures of your work you might want to share with us? We all love learning from one another!

Thanks!

Teri

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Terri Embry
    I am the Southerner that call you about the Anita`s color .I have been carving for about a yr. with a group of experience carvers.I enjoy carving very much .I live in North East Ga. small town call Ila .If I can help you any further on the color stain ,just Hollow.
    Ila Don
    Man their is alot Don`s on this Thread.
    God Bless All

Leave a comment:

• Bandaid
    replied

Thx for the reply Teri...I'm always curious about things that aint 'mainstream'.

Leave a comment:

• Teri_Embrey
    replied

Hey, Bandaid, I've never tried Rit Dyes myself, but I've heard from at least two other carvers who have that it wasn't very good. <shrug> Who knows?

Thanks, Steve and Don - I, too, found Anita's paints at that website and at Hobby Lobby...but the Anita's color stains were nowhere to be found.

Still waiting for a return call from the company.......

Teri

Leave a comment:

• millhoused
    replied

Hey everybody,
    I found Anita's at my local craft store 'Hobby Lobby'!

Happy Carving (or painting),
    Don

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Try this:www.synta.com/anita2.html

Leave a comment:

• Bandaid
    replied

Speaking of stains...has anyone tried using dyes such as 'Rit' or the like? ???

Leave a comment:

• Teri_Embrey
    replied

Wow, thank you very much, Jim and Don.

I talked to the manufacturer, Synta - they wouldn't take an order directly, but are supposed to get back to me with where I can find the stain in my area. They definitely do still make the Color Stain product and were very friendly.

They're located in Decatur, Georgia. Their number is 404-373-7284.

Teri

Leave a comment:

• millhoused
    replied

Hi Teri,
    Your work is great!
    Will you share the nubmer with us for Anita's color stain?

Makin' firewood,
    Don

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Dear Teri;
    So where can we get Anita's color stain? I think it is some good stuff, and was happy my wife had the foresight to stock up, before it disappeared from our local craft store. I would love to find a steady supply.
    I also like to carve Santa's, and was using Anita's 'aspen' stain for beards and hair, but was never quite satisfied. I had previously been using a wash of white acrylic, and that seemed kind of stiff, and did not like that. My wife brought home some 'DecoArt' staining & antiquing medium, and that really pleased me, not only for the grey/white hair effect, but anywhere I needed a softer, stained look. It really changed the look of my work.
    Speaking of changing the look of my work, your work has caused me to stand back, and consider new approaches. You are an innovative artist, with some very pleasing results. I think they call that unique quality a 'muse'. Whatever, it is a gift. You also have been accused lately of something else I consider a gift. That would be what us Irish call ' The Gift Of The Gab'. If it is a sin, then by all means, go forth and sin, Good Lady, Sin!
    I do it all the time!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Teri_Embrey
    started a topic Anita's Color Stain..And Southernese

Anita's Color Stain..And Southernese

As you know, I've been trying to find a source for Anita's Color Stain. Some wonderful soul who noticed that here gave me a telephone call - and gave me the phone number for the company that makes it, Synta.

Was it YOU??? You had such a wonderful southern drawl, that I just couldn't quite make out your name and I didn't want to sound TOTALLY stupid by continuing to ask you to repeat yourself!! I apologize for that...and hope that you will raise your hand so that I can thank you properly for such a wonderfully helpful phone call!!

Teri

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
    by NC Scroller
    I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
    Today, 07:42 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
    by NC Scroller
    I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
    Today, 07:39 AM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    by Linda In Phoenix
    I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
    Yesterday, 10:01 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
    by will8989
    Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
    Yesterday, 09:53 PM
  • will8989
    by will8989
    Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
    Yesterday, 09:49 PM
Working...
X