Painting Morning Doves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Morning Doves

I need some help with getting a 'good' picture of a mourning dove OR instructions for painting the doves. I am carving a male and female for our daughters wedding and I can't find a good picture orinstructions to get them painted

Re: Painting Morning Doves

Billybob - Anthony Hillman has a book 'Carving Popular Birds' that has a great pattern for a mourning dove. You can contact him at
    http://www.hillmanart.com/
    or it's usually available on eBay. Also many, many mourning doves are also for sale on eBay so you could see lots of different painting patterns and ideas. I'm no expert but I think male & female doves are identical.

Comment

Thanks, Ill check that out. My info indicates there is a slightly different color tones for male and female. Thanks, again

Comment

The color is slightly different for the male & female Mourning Dove. The best reference I have seen for painting them is Ros Daisey's 'Upland Game Bird Carving' book (ISBN 0-88740-349-2). She has instructions for painting either sex in the book as well as some fabulous patterns!

Good Luck,
        The Moonraker
        Check out my web page in proccess at www.cedarstump.us

Comment

Carving Minature Wildfowl by Robert Guge has a paint schedule for painting a mourning dove on page 125.the book is published by Stackpole Books,Harrisburg Pa.17105 Phone 1 800-READ-NOW.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Quartz43
            I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
            Today, 05:42 AM
          • GladeFade
            Reply to My covid angel
            by GladeFade
            First off how thick is the board you cut?
            When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
            that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
            for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
            Yesterday, 11:05 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Wooden Headstone
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
            Yesterday, 10:43 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
            Yesterday, 10:41 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
            Yesterday, 10:40 PM
          Working...
          X