Painting Morning Doves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Morning Doves

I need some help with getting a 'good' picture of a mourning dove OR instructions for painting the doves. I am carving a male and female for our daughters wedding and I can't find a good picture orinstructions to get them painted

Re: Painting Morning Doves

Billybob - Anthony Hillman has a book 'Carving Popular Birds' that has a great pattern for a mourning dove. You can contact him at
    http://www.hillmanart.com/
    or it's usually available on eBay. Also many, many mourning doves are also for sale on eBay so you could see lots of different painting patterns and ideas. I'm no expert but I think male & female doves are identical.

Comment

Thanks, Ill check that out. My info indicates there is a slightly different color tones for male and female. Thanks, again

Comment

The color is slightly different for the male & female Mourning Dove. The best reference I have seen for painting them is Ros Daisey's 'Upland Game Bird Carving' book (ISBN 0-88740-349-2). She has instructions for painting either sex in the book as well as some fabulous patterns!

Good Luck,
        The Moonraker
        Check out my web page in proccess at www.cedarstump.us

Comment

Carving Minature Wildfowl by Robert Guge has a paint schedule for painting a mourning dove on page 125.the book is published by Stackpole Books,Harrisburg Pa.17105 Phone 1 800-READ-NOW.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X