Paints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paints

I just finished a wildlife carving and now I want to paint it. Unfortunately I don't have any paints. Where can I find them and are there 'packages' with a selection of paints to get me started? Many thanks.
    Carving is the art of taking a block of wood and cutting off anything that doesn't look like a carving.

Re: Paints

Munchkin, there may be some 'packages' available at taxidermy supply sources, but the best bet would be to check around and see if anyone has a paint schedule for your particular project. As most painting requires mixing of individual hues, it is unlikely you will find all the colors you need in one package, though. What particular species are you doing? I'm sure someone here can give you the colors you need if we know exactly what you are painting.

Aside from taxidermy colors, you can use the relatively low priced acrylic craft paints with very good results. Most, however, have a flat finish, and will not take on the brilliant hues you may want till after you put on aa final sealer, or varnish. but don't let that fact deter you. those are all I use and they produce excellent results.

Al

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X