Paints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paints

I just finished a wildlife carving and now I want to paint it. Unfortunately I don't have any paints. Where can I find them and are there 'packages' with a selection of paints to get me started? Many thanks.
    Carving is the art of taking a block of wood and cutting off anything that doesn't look like a carving.

Re: Paints

Munchkin, there may be some 'packages' available at taxidermy supply sources, but the best bet would be to check around and see if anyone has a paint schedule for your particular project. As most painting requires mixing of individual hues, it is unlikely you will find all the colors you need in one package, though. What particular species are you doing? I'm sure someone here can give you the colors you need if we know exactly what you are painting.

Aside from taxidermy colors, you can use the relatively low priced acrylic craft paints with very good results. Most, however, have a flat finish, and will not take on the brilliant hues you may want till after you put on aa final sealer, or varnish. but don't let that fact deter you. those are all I use and they produce excellent results.

Al

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
      It is so cute (Christmas deer)
      by alexscrollsaw
      "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
      Today, 02:03 PM
    • markdavd
      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
      by markdavd
      I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
      Today, 09:45 AM
    • NC Scroller
      by NC Scroller
      My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
      Today, 07:42 AM
    • will8989
      by will8989
      None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
      Today, 12:20 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      by Linda In Phoenix
      What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
      The bags seem easier on the surface.
      But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
    Working...
    X