Flesh Tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flesh Tones

I'm a novice caricture carver, using Ceramacoate paints for finishing my work. I have used 'Flesh Tone' and 'Tomatoe Spice' shades for the flesh colors. They work o.k. but all of the carictures are looking the same. Can anyone tell me how to achieve flesh tones for Afro-,Native-,Hispanic-, and Anglo Americans? Your help would be appreciated..Nelson G ???

Re: Flesh Tones

If you are using washes and not applying the paint as a solid color, there are a couple things you might try.

First, apply a pre-wash over the entire carving using burnt umber or burnt sienna. Let it dry a little and then apply your flesh and rouge over that.

Secondly, you only mentioned one red. If that is all you have, you can vary the value by adding a tiny bit of white or black.

Comment

Re: Flesh Tones

I've never found a flesh tone that I like right out of the bottle. For most, I mix burnt umber into it - more or less, depending on the skin color I'm trying to achieve.

Teri
      "Santas for the Soul" &&Original Carvings by Teri Embrey&&http://www.teriembrey.com&&[email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X