• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacS
    replied
    Blotching, is the next article..

Kevin,

I agree with you and BobD.

I will soon be adding another article on "Blotching" that is appearing now in the magazine "New Woodworking" in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin12
    replied
    Thanks, Bob. I download all the articles I can on topics that so far baffle me, like finishing. (I even save threads from this bulliten board to my computer.)

So thanks again, Mac and Bob. Things like this really help.

Leave a comment:

• MacS
    replied
    Bob's posting of article.

Bob,

Thank you for posting the article.

I know, that there are some others that will find this article informative. If they have any finishing questions they can post them here, and we can discuss it.

I will continue posting articles as they are published, and from time to time I will post some things that I am working on for future articles.

www.macsimmons.com

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    And here it is! Thanks, Mac, for sharing your knowledge!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Technically, most magazines operate under the premise of "First North American Publication Rights...meaning that Mac promised that magazine the right to publish the information first...then it becomes Mac's sole property and he can do what he wills with it.

Like I explained before, I don't have a problem with people posting information from any reputable source...we're here for a free exchange of information!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MacS
    replied
    Moving on to another Suject.

Bob,

Thank you, I will first try the PDF and see what happens.

For what its worth, most magazines don't mind if you use their published articles, as long as you mention the name of the magazine that it was published in.

I'm not here promoting other magazines, I'm only trying to pass on some information to those that are interested in learning about finishing.

If Shannon or BobD have a problem with me using articles from other magazines, I'm sure they will let me know soon enough.
    Last edited by MacS; 03-10-2007, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kerry_nf
    replied
    I agree with Sue. Even tho Mac wrote the issue, are there any Copyright issues (as far as the Magazine is concerned) with making the page available for download this way?

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    LOL..shouldn't we be encouraging people to buy the magazine??

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    That's a great gesture Bob. I don't know anything about glazing...wouldn't mind reading about it, but I'm a four-eyed person, so I need more visible print.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Mac,
    You may want to scan that in as a PDF...you can compress it more to make a smaller file without losing any resolution. If you want, you can e-mail a high-res image to me and I'll take care of it!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MacS
    started a topic Moving on....

Moving on....

"Glazing can do it all" this article appeared in "Canada Woodworking".

Glazing, is a very versatile finishing technique, it certainly worth learning.

You might want to print this out, and enlarge the article.

There is some good information in this article.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MacS; 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X