Moving on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on....

"Glazing can do it all" this article appeared in "Canada Woodworking".

Glazing, is a very versatile finishing technique, it certainly worth learning.

You might want to print this out, and enlarge the article.

There is some good information in this article.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MacS; 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM.

Mac,
    You may want to scan that in as a PDF...you can compress it more to make a smaller file without losing any resolution. If you want, you can e-mail a high-res image to me and I'll take care of it!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

That's a great gesture Bob. I don't know anything about glazing...wouldn't mind reading about it, but I'm a four-eyed person, so I need more visible print.
      Jeff Powell

Comment

LOL..shouldn't we be encouraging people to buy the magazine??

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

I agree with Sue. Even tho Mac wrote the issue, are there any Copyright issues (as far as the Magazine is concerned) with making the page available for download this way?
          Check me out on the web:
          http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Moving on to another Suject.

Bob,

Thank you, I will first try the PDF and see what happens.

For what its worth, most magazines don't mind if you use their published articles, as long as you mention the name of the magazine that it was published in.

I'm not here promoting other magazines, I'm only trying to pass on some information to those that are interested in learning about finishing.

If Shannon or BobD have a problem with me using articles from other magazines, I'm sure they will let me know soon enough.
            Last edited by MacS; 03-10-2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Technically, most magazines operate under the premise of "First North American Publication Rights...meaning that Mac promised that magazine the right to publish the information first...then it becomes Mac's sole property and he can do what he wills with it.

Like I explained before, I don't have a problem with people posting information from any reputable source...we're here for a free exchange of information!

Bob
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

And here it is! Thanks, Mac, for sharing your knowledge!
                Attached Files
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob's posting of article.

Bob,

Thank you for posting the article.

I know, that there are some others that will find this article informative. If they have any finishing questions they can post them here, and we can discuss it.

I will continue posting articles as they are published, and from time to time I will post some things that I am working on for future articles.

www.macsimmons.com

Comment

Thanks, Bob. I download all the articles I can on topics that so far baffle me, like finishing. (I even save threads from this bulliten board to my computer.)

So thanks again, Mac and Bob. Things like this really help.
                    Kevin

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

NEW DeWalt 788 and that old, Jimmy- Jerry- and Kevin-rigged Delta 40-560

Comment

Blotching, is the next article..

Kevin,

I agree with you and BobD.

I will soon be adding another article on "Blotching" that is appearing now in the magazine "New Woodworking" in the UK.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by Rolf
                        Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                        That is...
                        Today, 08:15 AM
                      • Jimern
                        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                        by Jimern
                        The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                        Today, 06:29 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                        by will8989
                        The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 ‚Äúseasons‚ÄĚ, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                        Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers market
                        by will8989
                        Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                        Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                      • tgiro01
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by tgiro01
                        Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                        Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                      Working...
                      X