Child's Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's Train

Just about finished a wooden train for the Granddaughter. Engine, caboose and 7 cars that spell BRIANNA. The paint used is non-toxic but left a dull look to everything. Any suggestions on applying a gloss finish that is still child-safe?
    Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
    Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

I just went to Google and typed in "non-toxic polyurethane" and surprisingly 473 results came up. There's one on the first page listed on amazon.com that looks promising for your project. I hope this helps.
    Mia

We are the music makers.
    We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

Mike--I use a spray on gloss made by krylon & available from Walmart. I use this for finishing off duck & fish decoys & childrens puzzles painted with acrylics. I believe the numbers are either 1301 or 1303. Takes 2 or 3 coats.

Comment

I use what Randy does or Deft Gloss lacquer.
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

have no idea if this would work on wood but for models I spray or dip them in future acrylic floor wax it dries hard and is extremly glossy as far as being non toxic I have no idea all the bottle says is not to get solution in eyes ext......... so when its dry my guess would be its safe HTH
          Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
            Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
            by evilbadger
            Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
            Today, 09:28 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
            by vgraf
            Looks great!
            Today, 08:15 PM
          • tgiro01
            Old Tool - Reborn
            by tgiro01
            With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
            Today, 03:24 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
            by Rolf
            I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
            Today, 10:23 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
            by Rolf
            Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
            Today, 10:19 AM
          Working...
          X