Updated - Finishing Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated - Finishing Web Site

My web site was just updated, lots of new things to look at if your interested in fine anf faux finishing. This includes some "How It's Done" finishes showing step by step instructions.

http://www.macsimmons.com/

Great site there Mac
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

updated web site

Thank you Charlie for visting my web site, I hope you saved it, and if you go back to visit, will you please sign the guest book.

Mac

Comment

WOW!!!!! What an amazing amount of information. THANKS for sharing it Mac
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Another vote of thanks Mike.
          kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Very nice Mac, all that info.....thanks for sharing!
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

updated web site..

I thank you all for signing in, I hope that you come back again to visit and check out my website.

I also want to thank you for signing the guest book, its nice to know who stops by.

Thanks again,

Mac

Comment

I didn't try all the links on the front page but many of them, at least, go to the front page of the CWB site and not your articles. Pretty cool stuff though Thanks a lot!

Comment

CWB articles

Thanks, I'll check it out, but if you look on the left side of the page you will see "Fundamentals In Finishing" click on it, and it will take you there.

They, re-did their web site recently, and changed the urls, they now have increase the sizes, making it difficult to attach a link. It seems to be a way of getting you to go to their web site, not to where you want to go.

Thanks again, i will go take a look.

Sorry, here is the url to CWB -the go to fundamentals in finishing.
                  http://cwbmagazine.com/ME2/Audiences...8A43CDAA885CA5
                  Last edited by MacS; 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I said the front page, when it was the page you go to when clicking on Mac's Finishing Notebook. I saw things on there I never knew you could do; I can't wait to try them out!

Comment

How they are done..

If you go to CWB, you will see many articles, they will give you better instructions on how they are done.

http://cwbmagazine.com/ME2/Audiences...8A43CDAA885CA5

If I can help, e-mail me.

Thanks for stopping by......
                      Last edited by MacS; 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: I added on to message

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• GladeFade
                        Reply to My covid angel
                        by GladeFade
                        First off how thick is the board you cut?
                        When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
                        that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
                        for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
                        Yesterday, 11:05 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Wooden Headstone
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
                        Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
                        Yesterday, 10:41 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to My covid angel
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
                        Yesterday, 10:40 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Tough Decisions
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        I would have to agree that I've not personally made many designs from the magazine, as I have progressed to making most of my own designs. However, I do enjoy some of the reviews and other articles---as well as checking out techniques of others. I debated as well, but decided to renew. Now I just...
                        Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      Working...
                      X