Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    I use acrylic paint mixed with water to stain when I want vibrant colors. There was an article in one of the issues awhile back where a product called "Unicorn Spit" was suggested for the colors---and many people swear by it.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    When I did the birthday presents for the kids this year, I had about 5 different colors of blue, green, red, black and unicorn spit white stain. I kept mixing colors until I got what I wanted. What little staining I do I just mix paints until I get what I want. Would love to get some blue pine.

Leave a comment:

• Quartz43
    replied
    I like using the acrylic paint and thinning it. Watercolors also work.

My Menards store seems to always have blue pine that will work in some cases.

Leave a comment:

• Earurrie
    replied
    There have a lot of good wood stain product out nowadays in market like Vintage Blue stain, Ocean blue stain, Indigo, Azure etc. But Vintage blue stain is always first favorite one.
    I think you shoul check this article here https://onwoodworkingart.com/blue-wood-stain/ to know more ideas about stain color.

Leave a comment:

• DaveVanEss
    replied
    That is why God made latex gloves. It goes so fast I use it on my back stoop.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Yikes! Xylene. It is a great solvent but not very nice at all.

Leave a comment:

• DaveVanEss
    replied
    For Blue I use Pilot Super Color Marker Refill Ink in blue. It is the ink used to refill the jumbo permanent ink markers. I usually thin it out a little with Xylene.

The stuff dries also at application.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I make a card like this for all of my projects that I gave away.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rolf; 09-13-2014, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Fenton
    replied
    DecoArt has a medium that converts their acrylic paints into a semi-tranparent stain. It's cheap, works very nicely nicely and lets you choose from the hundreds of colors of their Americana line of paint. Once I started using that, I would never go back to anything else for small pieces.

It is called "Staining / Antiquing" medium. You can find it at most craft stores that carry the brand. Here it is on their website: Staining Medium

Leave a comment:

• ddockstader
    replied
    Think outside the box. Move out of Pennsylvania! ;^)

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Keda dyes are great too but not for as intense a color as Rolf shows. Most of mine are more of a washed effect.

Leave a comment:

• tgiro
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    I have used Saman stains
    SamaN wood stain & AquaShine maintenance products [ Furniture stain and varnish | Wood floor cleaner, laminate floor cleaner ]

This my local Village logo that I made to be sold at a live auction.
    Holly, blue pine and the Saman blue stain.
    That looks great! what wood did you use under the stain - the blue pine?

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I have used Saman stains
    SamaN wood stain & AquaShine maintenance products [ Furniture stain and varnish | Wood floor cleaner, laminate floor cleaner ]

This my local Village logo that I made to be sold at a live auction.
    Holly, blue pine and the Saman blue stain.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• markdavd
    replied
    I use Minwax water based. You can get custom colors mixed if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    I just went through trying to find a darker blue stain for a project and both Sherwin Williams and Lowes offer a blue stain, but it goes more toward the lighter side instead of even a KC Royals blue.

I gave up and went to paint.

One option that was mentioned a couple of years back was using food coloring dyes as a stain.

Try this link:
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/woo...ting/16286.htm

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X