Bleach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleach

i am working on a couple projects out of maple and i would like to make the maple lighter still what would happen if i used household bleach on the pieces
    let me know if anyone has tried this

I don't know what would happen but if I had that question, here is what I would do.

Find some scraps, set one aside as control. Put one in bleach, one in vinegar, water and baking soda, dishwasher det., try everything and see what happens. You might just find the coolest new trick to a funky new grain enhancement. All you're out is some scraps and a day of waiting.

Comment

There is an article on bleaching wood you might want to check out. There are several different bleach solutions that are described. Also, you need to plan on sanding after bleaching, as any water-based solution will raise the grain.
      Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Lowder
        Reply to Question about tilting head saws
        by Jim Lowder
        Thank you everyone. I guess I just need to scroll more and have more patience with my abilities. You all are amazing...
        Today, 08:08 PM
      • evilbadger
        Reply to Cutting Air
        by evilbadger
        How thick is that foam Randy? That turned out really nice.

The view on the house is nice but that 11 foot 3 ceiling height is killing me....
        Today, 07:56 PM
      • Rolf
        by Rolf
        I have both types of saw A tilting table Hawk g426 and an Older Excalibur with a tilting head. Unlike Carole for bevel cuts I prefer the tilting head I do larger projects and it is easier for me.
        Regarding compound cuts they are cut at 90 degrees.

If I were in the market for a new...
        Today, 05:38 PM
      • handibunny
        by handibunny
        If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. ๐Ÿ˜

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
        Today, 05:09 PM
      • Jim Lowder
        by Jim Lowder
        Thank you all for the info. Sounds like itโ€™s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
        Today, 04:51 PM
      Working...
      X