Zebra Wood ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zebra Wood ??

I had some Zebra wood and made a 8"X12" trinket box. The wood has some wormie spots so I'm wanting to make it look old & rustic. Can anyone tell me a good stain for zebra wood this is the first time for me. Thanks Wildcat
    Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
    Semper Fi

If the zebra wood is pretty, why not just use a clear coat finish for this project? I love the natural look of the wood, but I know that some pieces of wood are more interesting than others. Got pictures?
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm with Carole on this. I rarely use stain on hardwoods. To bring out the natural color and grain of the wood, I soak my workpiece in a 50/50 mixture of boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits. Wipe off the excess and let dry for about 24 hours. then apply a top coat. I use Deft semi gloss spray lacquer.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I agree with the above posts
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Well I was going for the antique look and went with cherry stain. then sanded the edge's
          Attached Files
          Semper Fi

Comment

I agree with Carole and Dan, but I have to say your box came out looking very nice with the Cherry stain....you did good on this one! By the way, what part of the State is Marlboro Twp? I grew up in Zanesville years ago.
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiilad View Post
              I agree with Carole and Dan, but I have to say your box came out looking very nice with the Cherry stain....you did good on this one! By the way, what part of the State is Marlboro Twp? I grew up in Zanesville years ago.
              Marlboro twp has an Alliance zip code. Canton is about 10 miles west from me.
              Semper Fi

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X