Mod Podge Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Podge Application

I've tried using Mod Podge as a sealer and I get streaking much like wood grain. I tried sanding w/ 320 grit (couldn't find 400) and I ended up starting to take some of the picture off. I'm saying it is a effort make the puzzle appear older than it is (distressing/aging). Is there a better way to apply it or should I apply a couple of coats before sanding.

I am using Mod Podge (Satin) with a foam brush and the ambient temp is probably ~60 F.

Would heating MP in a double boiler be a safe move? Increased temperature increased flow rate?
    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

I have found with the exception of regular paper MP is not necessary in the creation of puzzles. You will just need to take your time and build your technique using it. Long smooth strokes with a foam brush works best when I use MP. I don't beleive heating it is the solution, thinning does seem to help some what. I use tap water to thin it, but not much thinning is necessary nor will regular printer paper tolerate too much moisture.

Keep trying and practicing, and share some pics of your accomplishments.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I used Krylon acrylic (the type with UV block) with good luck this week on a dye based inkjet print (printed just 1-2 days earlier on Kodak glossy paper). I read MP dries quick and is hard to work with quickly enough, so I went the acrylic route instead. Carter uses triple glaze, but I can't find it locally and I just read a bunch of negative posts on other sites about it, so I figure I might as well stick with acrylic (spray). I also used polyurethane varnish (spray). It went on more evenly than acrylic, but I happen to have satin, so it wasn't clear.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by will8989
        I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
        Today, 12:27 PM
      • Don in Brooklin On
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Don in Brooklin On
        Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
        Today, 11:59 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
        Today, 11:24 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by NC Scroller
        I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
        Today, 11:22 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to My covid angel
        by NC Scroller
        Yes I would sand all around the hand and feet to give it some depth.
        Today, 11:03 AM
      Working...
      X