Finish for driftwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish for driftwood?

Anybody know a good finish to put on driftwood? My wife's uncle asked me about it at christmas, and I said I'd throw it out to you guys. He doesn't want to stain it, just highlight the grain and give it a little protection. My thought was danish oil, but I figured someone here has probably done this before, and would have a more concrete answer.

Thanks,
    Steve

I'd use a watco danish oil finish, neutral tone.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Never done it before, but I would agree that a Danish oil would probably do a nice job. I imagine the driftwood will soak up more finish than regular wood, so it may take several applications to get the finish looking even.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Good thought, Bill. I would imagine dry driftwood will soak it in like a sponge.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
          Reply to Frustrated
          by NC Scroller
          I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • Daddy's scroller
          Reply to Frustrated
          by Daddy's scroller
          I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
          Yesterday, 07:00 PM
        • Daddy's scroller
          Reply to Frustrated
          by Daddy's scroller
          No. I haven't tried that yet...
          Yesterday, 06:55 PM
        • Chance13
          Reply to Frustrated
          by Chance13
          I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
          Yesterday, 11:08 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Frustrated
          by Rolf
          We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
          Yesterday, 07:59 AM
        Working...
        X