oven pull finishes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven pull finishes???

what type of finishin can i use on an oven pulll? i figure i can stain it, but not quite sure if i should shellac or polyurethane, or what, to complete?

Shellac doesn't like the heat.
    I usually just use oil or oil based stain depending on if I want to change the color of the wood. Once dry spray furniture wax. A nice smooth wood finish looks good after it's been used awhile too.
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

thanx squeaky….gigglin

Comment

I sold several this week and I just dip em in danish oil let it cure for 24 hours after i wipe em down and then i use liquid gold on them smooth as a babies backside...
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I use Deftoil. It is basically a Danish oil product.

Deftoil Danish Oil Finish | Deft Finishes
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

thanx friends, i always know where to come to get the answers i need….in case i don’t hear from ya’ll, b/c of ya’ll havin company or ya’ll goin visitin….i’m very thankful for ya’ll and wish you all a very Merry Christmas

Comment

I only cut them from hardwoods so I leave mine unfinished. Oily is right. Shellac hates heat and water. Oil finishes need refinishing every once in a while varnish is a possible choice...why. The natural wood by itself is beautiful and will get a nice coating of cooking grease as the years go by removing the necessity of you putting an oil finish on them. But that's just my opinion.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Could you make oven pullers out of MDF ?
                Learning the art of scroll saw.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
                  by will8989
                  Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
                  Today, 09:54 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
                  Today, 09:12 PM
                • Tom in Ashland
                  The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                  by Tom in Ashland
                  Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
                  Today, 08:08 PM
                • keystonecop
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by keystonecop
                  Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
                  Today, 06:14 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by KarlB
                  " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
                  Today, 04:02 PM
                Working...
                X