oven pull finishes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven pull finishes???

what type of finishin can i use on an oven pulll? i figure i can stain it, but not quite sure if i should shellac or polyurethane, or what, to complete?

Shellac doesn't like the heat.
    I usually just use oil or oil based stain depending on if I want to change the color of the wood. Once dry spray furniture wax. A nice smooth wood finish looks good after it's been used awhile too.
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

thanx squeaky….gigglin

Comment

I sold several this week and I just dip em in danish oil let it cure for 24 hours after i wipe em down and then i use liquid gold on them smooth as a babies backside...
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I use Deftoil. It is basically a Danish oil product.

Deftoil Danish Oil Finish | Deft Finishes
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

thanx friends, i always know where to come to get the answers i need….in case i don’t hear from ya’ll, b/c of ya’ll havin company or ya’ll goin visitin….i’m very thankful for ya’ll and wish you all a very Merry Christmas

Comment

I only cut them from hardwoods so I leave mine unfinished. Oily is right. Shellac hates heat and water. Oil finishes need refinishing every once in a while varnish is a possible choice...why. The natural wood by itself is beautiful and will get a nice coating of cooking grease as the years go by removing the necessity of you putting an oil finish on them. But that's just my opinion.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Could you make oven pullers out of MDF ?
                Learning the art of scroll saw.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                  by Rolf
                  Like Linda said you guy make a great team. The end result really looks great.
                  Today, 07:37 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by will8989
                  Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                  Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                  Yesterday, 10:57 AM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Quartz43
                  I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                  Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by NC Scroller
                  I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                  Yesterday, 06:36 AM
                • hotshot
                  Reply to Demo display
                  by hotshot
                  The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                  07-26-2021, 10:58 PM
                Working...
                X