Finish Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish Vent?

I was thinking about building some kind of a vent to the outside that will take away the fumes of the spray finishes. First was planing on maybe dryer vent hose with a small fan to suck the fumes out but didn't know about maybe a spark from the fan wouldn't be to good.

Anyone of you ever build something like this? Thanks

Maybe a bathroom vent kind of fan set-up?

Paul
    www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

I have done that before and used a small bathroom fan with a dryer vent hose to take the fumes outside. I also used it with a small spray booth I made. It worked well and kept the fumes exhausted and not around the furnace. Unless you are loading alot of solvent fumes into the intake side you should be below the lower explosive limit and it could not ignite.
      Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
        Yesterday, 10:01 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by will8989
        Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
        Yesterday, 09:53 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by will8989
        Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
        Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by will8989
        He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
        Yesterday, 09:32 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Sundays market
        by will8989
        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
        Yesterday, 08:56 PM
      Working...
      X